Best Trump Endorsements You've Heard

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

This unintended Trump endorsement was heard today, no kidding:

I'm concerned about Trump having control of our nuclear arsenal.

Counter: It takes the Secretary of Defense to approve use of nuclear weapons...

Interpretation: No worries we can elect an unpredictable person as President, because there will be sane people around to protect us from his erratic behavior. Lol! :D

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

This is the best endorsement there is for Trump:

He's not Hillary.

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

At least he won't be storing the codes on his home brew email server.

4. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

He'd probably write them on his arm in red crayon.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the best endorsement for Trump was hillary rigging the DNC coronation.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2016 ---
    don't be silly, he will eat that crayon before he gets to use it :D

6. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Not that it means anything at this point, but that server was set up by IT professionals, not the Clintons.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

IT professionals don't randomly set up an email server without a directive, government employees also don't usually use a home brew email server to store classified information.

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

North Korea:

You can't ask for a better source on "wise politicians" than Kim Jong-Un.

9. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

For some reason this reminds me of Deadpool coloring and singing on that bridge. :p

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

At the request of the Clintons.

11. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Well you have to ask, whose interests The Jong-UN has in mind... same for Putin, he's salivating over the prospect of weakest player being put in charge of his world competition.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Oh oh, the liar liar named Huntn, pants on fire.
    No man, you were using a tactics called... fear-mongering, with the aid of an image. You wrote: " Let's project ahead when his finger is hovering over the button" and your visual aid was:

[​IMG]

Now,
    I am sorry that you feel bad that someone else knows better than you do how a nuclear strike works;
    and I am sorry that you feel threatened by the idea that your depiction of a single person that can launch a nuclear strike is proven wrong.
    I am also sorry for you that you replied "what if the SoD is the President's crony?" just to be proven that you have no idea how the selection of the SoD works.
    Go hide.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

BLASPHEMY, dead pool is cool.

14. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

Funny in looking back at the MR archives, I don't see any of you bitching about Condoleezza Rice's or Colin Powell's private email servers? Or Bush and Cheney's, from which they deleted MILLIONS of emails.

Just stop pretending you're actually concerned about security and admit you're just attacking her because she's a Democrat.

15. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

The phrase "home brew" is intentionally misleading. We all know she had a personal server, but that's not good enough, gotta exaggerate maybe to sway a few more votes. :rolleyes:

16. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Watch the five hour long testimony by Comey. He explains why it's different.

17. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I hope not he is not smart enough.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Of course not, it's OK if you're a Republican. Just like disrespecting our fallen soldiers and their families is OK if you're a Republican.

19. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

Republican's look at each other in alarm- uh, that's water under the bridge, let's just talk about today, ok? :rolleyes:

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Put rice & Powell in jail , simple as thatv

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You did not mention "home brew"

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think the mention of the "nuclear codes" is an example of what we call rhetorical hyperbole.

In this instance "nuclear codes" is shorthand for the fact that the President of the USA is also the Commander in Chief of our armed forces. Which run from the single infantryman up to and including nuclear weaponry that could literally end human life on this planet.

Clearly you don't want to entrust the reponsibility for such a (literally) awesome set of weaponry to someone who has a history of making poor, rash decisions. Who seems unfamiliar with the basic facts of both US military and diplomatic policy. And who seems to suffer from delusions over his personal ability to interact with people like Vladimir Putin.

No: Donald Trump could not set of an exchange of nuclear weapons in a fit of bad temper or carelessness. But he most definitely could put the United States into the very dangerous position of potential armed conflict with Russia if he, for instance, were to blurt out his feelings that he didn't see any reason for the US to contest a Russian takeover of Ukraine or Estonia.

23. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

How Trump interprets one of his favorite endorsements:

"I don't know who Putin is. He said one nice thing about me. He said I'm a genius. I said thank you very much to the newspaper and that was the end of it." (video)

How others have translated it:

How I interpret Mr. Trump's understanding of Putin's statement, politics, and the world at large:
    [​IMG]
    (with apologies to dogs and dog lovers)

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Even this is inexact, I am sorry to say. If Trump/Hillary were to be so inept to put the US in a dangerous position on a whim, cabinet has the power to remove the POTUS from his duties immediately. Congress also has ways to remove the POTUS, as we know, although it would take a little bit longer.
    While I can't claim that things can go to a bad scenario (see Lyndon Johnson), at the same time it's not THAT easy. The POTUS is actually very limited by his position. For example, suppose that Trump decides to give up Ukraine. Congress can still declare war, and the cabinet can remove him from the duties in case the will of Congress is not fully respected by the POTUS. To this I am not even adding the military layer; I am pretty sure that the joint chief of staff, to say one, could cause quite a stir in the Oval Office and Congress.

25. Huntn, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

You are calling me a liar?? Not embarrassed at all. In contrast, it struck me as a incredibly inept of you to offer this as a counter for an expressed fear of Trump being put in charge. I was just trying to protect you from embarrassment. What kind of gratitude is that? :rolleyes:
    PS - I don't have to monger any fear of Donald Trump. He's doing a splendid job on his own.