Best U.S. political campaign ads of 2016 - local or federal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Sep 21, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Now that Election Day is rapidly approaching, I thought it might be fun to post the best campaign ads people have seen in one thread. Not just from the presidential campaigns, but from any political race...congress, local mayor, ballot propositions..anything. Just things that are good, different, funny, inspiring or whatever.

I'll go first. I really like this ad as it shows a demographic rarely, if ever used in a political ad. Shows how powerful words can be even without audio. Plus Nyle DiMarco is easy on the eyes and seems like a really nice guy. But that's just an added bonus. :D

2. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Copying one of the ads from another thread because it was just too good to not belong in the grouping here!

A Message from Grandma & Grandpa: We've Seen This Before

3. thermodynamic, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Oh, another nazi meme, just like in "Schindler's List" (go watch it) and the 1983 "V" miniseries (which uses metaphor, so literalists might mistakenly believe lizards from outer space are commin' to eat us as vittles.)

But it could be worse. We could live in China where they have factories where the workers commit suicides by jumping off of buildings and where the buildings have had nets installed to prevent the deaths of their expensively-trained workers and forced happy morale parades and told how America is at fault for China's problems which is why they have people turning into nationalists and beating up people wearing nike shoes and destroying iphones and other things... isn't that like the nazis too only the nazis also directly killed?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2016 ---

People, feel free to skip the video as instructed early on in its presentation, it's manipulative and assuming you are ignorant . It freely ignores how any plan is pointless, since it is Congress makes the votes and the President can either sign or veto it and then plead and any other result they want to do. If people never noticed how little positive change anyone truly got over the last 8 years, there's your proof thanks to all that obstructionism that lead to weak compromise.

4. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I wouldn't say that is a good ad as it fearmongering with no proof. They said the same thing about Obama and people still have their guns.

Nice production values on this ad though. I'll give it that.

5. zin macrumors 6502

It's not an official ad but I saw it online.

6. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nice ad. But not for the candidate who himself sent jobs overseas. It's hypocritical to apply to him. But to another candidate in some future election it would be a great ad. Just have to change the logo at the end and it would be perfect!

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Whoa, that is a powerful advertisement. All it needs is a visual of rapacious capitalists counting their gold and chuckling over the $35/hour American jobs they offshored to $4/hour workers, thanks to NAFTA, CAFTA, TPP, and the rest.

8. SusanK macrumors 68000

I don't have the clip handy but my all time favorite is Rob Portman's (R-OH) commercial on how he saved and returned jobs to Ohio. That one is a hoot!

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you beat me to it :(

10. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ooh, "arrogant" is a brutal ad from the Clinton campaign:

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I think it was the one I saw on public access that one night, of a burning truck in the ditch, with the announcer screaming "LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE, AMERICA! LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!"

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I'd post something about Oregon but to be honest there isn't much around.

13. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oooh that one sounds fun. I would love to see it!

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It was, like, totes cray cray.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It sounds like Mike Rowe narrating.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016 ---
    She's way hot. I'll keep her safe at night.

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Lip plates began in Portland and are now taking the country by storm. I can't wait to get mine.

[​IMG]

17. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Two things

1. Ewwww

2. When I created this thread, it was with the intention of displaying the best ads of the year. Please keep this thread on topic. I just want people to post the best 2016 campaign ads, not everything and the kitchen sink like so many other threads turn into. Thanks!

18. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Okay...I like this one. Good take down of the talking points.

19. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Ouch! This one against Kelly Ayotte is absolutely brutal. She really blew her debate the other night! This is what happens when you try and walk a tightrope. Sometimes you fall off! It will be interesting to see if she can hold onto her seat after this.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Here's one to almost certainly give @jkcerda, @Jess13, @lostngone, @DakotaGuy, and quite a few others a political stiffy, and personally, I'd love to see the quandary they'd be in if they lived in Missouri.

For those not in the know, Missouri's legislature passed a law that allows people to carry concealed weapons without a permit. And because of his endorsements from the NRA, the incumbent, Roy Blunt (not to be confused with Roy Blount), has been attacking Kander.

The kicker: Blunt is the Republican, and Kander is the Democrat.

More info on this ad, let alone battle for the Senate, as this is a battleground state for that chamber of Congress, is here:

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/06/49682...bent-faces-challenge-from-gun-loving-democrat
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/...wo-blockbuster-ads-putting-Roy-Blunt-to-shame
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/15/missouri-senate-candidate-assembles-gun-blindfolded-in-tv-ad/
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/8cb2...ate-candidate-assembles-gun-blindfolded-tv-ad
    http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/missouri-political-ad-gets-national-attention

We may have our differences here when it comes to guns, gun laws, and gun control, but you have to admit that this ad is sick.

EDIT: If you note the time, he put the gun together (an AR15 at that) in 22 seconds.

BL.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

that was pretty good.

22. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Okay, I think that ad wins the best of 2016. It's personable, it's powerful, it's unique. It's awesome! I am surprised I haven't seen main stream media talking about this one yet.

23. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

I don't know anything about this race or why I am getting pulled into this but just watching the video he states he supports background checks so "terrorists" don't get there hands on "one of these". That is a load of crap because the U.S. Government is ARMING TERRORISTS with a lot more hardware than a few Semi-automatic rifles, but don't worry they are half a World away.

Also I would be more impressed if he could do the same thing but with the bolt carrier/bolt disassembled before is started.

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I think you miss the point. In fact, I know you miss the point.

The point here is that you have a Republican, who is endorsed by the NRA, attacking his opponent, who happens to be a combat veteran, on his military service and the topic of guns, while not taking into account his own excuses for not serving in the military.

Mistake #1: Attacking the man's military service record. Big mistake if you found ways to dodge your own service.
    Mistake #2: Not taking into consideration that someone in the military does not know how to handle a gun.
    Mistake #3: Attacking someone who has more knowledge of guns than you do, while taking your endorsement from the biggest gun lobby in the country.

Three huge mistakes Blunt did, and is being rightfully called out for it. Trying to deflect to what the government is doing is irrelevant to the attacks that Blunt has laid onto Kander. And the fact that Kander assembled his weapon while blindfolded and called out Blunt to do the same.. well, the presentation and effect speaks more than the rhetoric.

BL.