Best UK Pre Paid SIM for UK Holiday with Unlocked Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewMacGirl, Jul 5, 2009.

1. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

We are coming to the UK on holiday in a few weeks and I would like to use my unlocked iphone which I use in Australia with a Three SIM (after it was unlocked from Optus)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what are the best pre paid SIMs I could use in the UK.

I am after data and calls for 4-5 weeks.

I hear O2 do a Pay and Go sim?

Any advice greatlly appreciated

2. 4hundred4tyfour macrumors member

Yo I'm an Aussie in london using my unlocked iPhone too. I'm on o2 pay and go and there is a 10 pound unlimited data bolt on that you pay month by month. Just ask the people at the o2 shop to put it on when you get your sim card.

Cheers

3. NewMacGirl thread starter macrumors regular

Hey thanks mate.

Can I just get one or do I have to sign up for a year?

I read in macalk that with o2 pay and go you shouldn't say you have an iPhone.-is this true??

4. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

howdy
    get yourself an o2 sim. if you topup £10 you get 300 texts and an internet bolton for a month.excellent value. only thing is you wont have any credit to text or ring home. but you can text within the country.

oh, and you dont have to sign up for a year. just go into a shop and get yourself a free simcard there and then.

5. NewMacGirl thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds a plan!

6. just21 macrumors member

It depends what os version you have and where you are. 2.2.1 worked fine in North London on o2 but 3.0 does not pick up the 3g signal as well. 3 uk is better as it only 3g but the data is only 50% (600k) of the 02 3g rate, if you can get the signal.