Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Best VR Headsets For iPhone?

pollybrowne

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
I have a 7 year old who loved her Oculus Go (for watching movies, roller coaster type apps, and simple games like snowball fight)—ie. not serious gamer stuff—until our Newfoundland got a hold of it a few weeks ago.

I told her we’d replace it without realizing that the Oculus Go has apparently been discontinued. I’ve found a few places selling it either used or at double the original price—and then I know there is the option of purchasing the Other Oculus stand-alone option, but honestly, as much as she likes VR stuff, I don’t think she’ll ever be interested enough to warrant purchasing her a $500 device. She doesn’t do any other gaming.

So then I started looking into iPhone compatible VR devices which, after doing some research, I understand can be a good entry level (though not as good as the Oculus Go) way to take advantage of the kind of VR my daughter is into.

We all have iPhones in our family and the smallest one we have is an XR (the others are 11 Pro Max devices). So the headsets I found that would fit our phones are the Merge headset and one called Destek V5 VR Headset.

Does anyone have experience with either of these? Are there any other that you would recommend that might be better?

Or is it impossible to have a decent VR experience for the types of activities she uses it for with an iPhone compatible VR headset?

I would be so grateful for any tips!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.