General Best way to backup all of your jailbreak settings tweaks/?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, Nov 18, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I am planning on getting the 5 when the jailbreak is released for iOS 6 and don't want to have to go through and download/arrange everything again. What is the best way to back all of these settings up?

2. kthnxshwn, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2013
  3. TH55, Nov 18, 2012

TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

4. TH55, Nov 18, 2012

5. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

Most, if not all apps nowadays, use iCloud to save their settings.

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Even jailbreaks? I haven't set up ICloud but I heard it takes a while. I would rather honestly do it the quickest easiest and still most thorough way possible.

Could you tell me which of that list in the link is best?

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Man….:confused:

like before: READ THE FFing INFO

It categorizes in cheapest, best etc…

So check out this posting:
    The Very Best Way

You're on a fast track of not getting any help….

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I did read the entire page, I don't know why u assumed I didn't. It's still not clear on how encompassing each method is.

9. refect macrumors newbie

Im just going to assume its the one listed under 'The Very Best Way'
    Its probably a little better than the one listed under 'The Second Best Way'
    Although if you want a free one, read about the one listed under 'The Cheapest Way'

If you dont want to read all of that, then see the section entitled 'Summary'

For most people, 'The Cheapest Way' would suffice:
    Once you tap “Backup,” OpenBackup will save all of your Cydia packages to your iPhone’s filesystem, thereby pushing them to either iCloud or iTunes via a sync cable connection. When you download a newer version of iOS and re-jailbreak your device, install OpenBackup again from Cydia. Tap “Restore,” and the app will retrieve your paid and free packages and install them for you. Read the app’s directions for more information.

10. TH55, Nov 18, 2012

You have simply copied and pasted the article. I already read it, I know it says which way is the "very best" but it doesn't specify how thorough each backup is, I just want to make sure every last detail is backed up and it did not make that clear

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

been using pkgbackup for ever never had a issue money well spent.. Well it was buggy for a while but iy gets frequent updates. only thing is some of your jailbreak stuff might not be compatible with new firmware. 5.1.1 and 6.0 or 6.1 if a hack isn't updated it might crash your phone causing you to rejailbreak.

12. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Alright, sweet thanks. Will it restore every detail of your settings within each app/tweak?

13. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

"AppInfo". I reinstall all job apps. Pkgbackup and others like it never quite get things 100% restored correctly for me at least.

14. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I have had nothimg but good luck with aptbackup. Everytime I restore it gets everything back to the way it was. It even applies winterboard themes the way they were when I backed them up. You might have a bit of trouble with it the first time you backup and restore. Mine had an error and made me re-restore through itunes but after that it has worked fine since. Good Luck

15. Reppy07 macrumors newbie

pkgbackup works perfect for me now. Backing took awhile though.

The developer has been releasing updates a lot and I personally think it was because of me lol.

I was having conflict issues when I had the tethered 6.0. And he's been trying to fix it for me.

Upgraded to the new untethered from evasi0n and he released a new update and now works perfectly :)

16. Evilmonkee42 macrumors member

I can't get PkgBackup to work with the latest version(5.3.2). I've seen others with the same issue as me. It launches and starts scanning for recent backups, etc. but when it gets to voice memos, it just sorta hangs.

I'm currently on a 4S with 6.1.1/evasi0n 1.3.

I'd really like to be able to use it again cause I want to update to 6.1.2 to fix(hopefully) my battery issues(I use exchange).