iPhone Best way to backup JB'd 4S to restore to new 5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rfs2005, Sep 16, 2012.

1. rfs2005 macrumors member

Title pretty much states my question...

I currently have a 4S with JB'd 5.1.1. What is the best way to backup my apps and settings, so that I can transfer/restore them to my iPhone 5 whenever they get around to releasing a JB for it?

I remember using PKGBackup in the past for this. Is this still a good option, or has something better come along?

Thanks!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Undo by hand all jailbreak settings until you have a jailbroken 4S, but all jailbreak settings are off and the phone is factory settings like.

Then, delete all Cydia apps (except for Cydia). Reboot, make a backaup. Then restore your iPhone 5.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Or, just use the tabs to restore your content, then redo your settings individually.
    After all, iOS6 has some differences in it's settings from iOS5.
    As I never restore settings to avoid any jailbreak gremlins, it really doesn't take very long.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

yes pkgbackup works great for restoring your tweaks after a jailbreak update. just keep in mind that some tweaks might not be compatible with 6.0 or even the iphone 5. So you might end up with a tweak or two throwing it into a loop. personally I just wait a little while after the jailbreak release and have good luck that way. Cydia is going to be down the 1st few days after a jailbreak any way.

5. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

AppBackup for App Store app data like game saves and to-do lists etc