BEST WAY to clean the IPHONE!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hpye, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Hpye, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

Hpye macrumors 6502

No it is not micro fiber, if you press too hard it will scratch your screen and you left smudges after you clean it. I found the best way. Just use the scotch tape , stick it on your screen and pull it out, all your grease, finger print and small dust will stick to the tape. No more expensive microfiber or spray . The scotch tape only cost me 3 bucks . Also you can use one piece of the tape many times . Try it

Note : do not use this method if you have screen protector , you might pull out the screen protector however if you don't have screen protector it's worth a try sometimes

Attached Files:

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Can this pull the screen off by accident? I just wipe my phone with a shirt, no need to goto microfiber.

3. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

NO it wont pull the screen out, trust me iphone is not that weak, and also, i got this idea from the screen guard shop, where the guy apply the screen guard for me. He used the tape to clean the dust and etc. Of course right now i dont use screen guard on my phone and i have been using this method to clean my phone. In fact it is the best way. I scratched my previous iphone many times because i used microfiber.

4. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

5. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

but trust me it is not that clean:D, risk of scratching your screen

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Scotch tape can potentially leave sticky residue and take off some of the coating on the screen (not gonna try to type it, the coating that starts with an 'o' lol)

7. enzo thecat macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

What kind of cheap crap microfiber are you buying? A semi decent microfiber will not scratch if properly cared for.

8. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

i dont know but i pay 19.99 and the first few months is ok but later it is full of dust on the cloth itself, even i washed it , the dust still stick on it

----------

No there are no residue at all, at least the brand i am using right now, not at all trust me

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How would you scratch the screen with a piece of cloth?
    The glass is supposed to be scratch resistant and not able to scratch with a soft cloth.
    I think you're over thinking it.
    Get a paper tower, soft cloth, tshit etc...
    Scotch tape?:D
    And like the user above said you will also remove the oleophobic coating on the screen.
    IMO its nonsense but if you like it go for it. Its your phone.

10. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Naw trust me its clean because if its really dirty I lick it then wipe it on my shirt. Never scratched my other iPhones by doing this. It's a shirt not sandpaper.

11. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Thats a bad idea. You only use tape...(and the small scotch tape, not that big real sticky roll) to get dust specs off the screen before you put on a screen protector. Your nuts to do it with that all the time. I hope you just dab because eventually your going to mess up the coating on it.

I use a good screen protector and clean it with my shirt, a cloth, whatever and eventually i replace the protector with another when it needs it.

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Haha, good gracious, don't lick it.. google around about the amount of germs on cellphones.. worse than bathroom door handles :eek:

13. TJone macrumors 6502a

Yep, you are over thinking this as Applejuiced said. I always use a 3M microfiber cloth and never scratched my IP4 and I am sure my IP5 will be fine too. Save the scotch tape for sending packages.

14. Keni0902 macrumors newbie

Keni0902

I always had a screen protector on my devices on the 1st day. Then use a microfiber cloth to clean. Works fine for me. :)

15. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Haha I know it was a joke :D

16. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

not a practical way to clean it on a regular basis, but it actually cleans very well.

17. iAi macrumors 6502

DELETE

unless we want some future massive oleophobiccoatinglessgate whinging threads sponsored or perpetuated by few samsung trolls. :p

18. BoricuaHec01 macrumors 6502

19. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

20. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

21. Hpye thread starter macrumors 6502

22. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

Yeah but my shirt does the same thing and I don't have to hunt for tape every time I wanna clean my screen.

23. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

just realized you were using the large Scotch tape... just wanted to say that the regular desk tape I used worked just as well :)