Best Way to Copy all iPhone music to iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bikedogrun, Nov 3, 2008.

1. bikedogrun macrumors member

bikedogrun

As subject says, received a new ipod touch and want to now copy (exactly) all 9GB of mp3s from the iPhone to the touch.

Dumb idea (probably): can both be connected at the same time to iTunes and just drag/drop copy from one to the other???

Appreciate your ideas...

/BD :cool:

2. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure you just sync with the same iTunes library that's on your computer? I mean the library that you use to sync your iPhone with.

3. bikedogrun thread starter macrumors member

bikedogrun

Yes, I could do that but I have over 16GB of music in iTunes and choosing all of the exact same 9GB of songs would be pretty challenging.

I guess I'm looking for a "short-cut" that would essentially duplicate each and every song that is on the iPhone today onto the iPod Touch??? Then I'm likely to sell the iPhone ///

/BD :cool:

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Create an On-the-Go playlist on iPhone then sync to iTunes then plug in Touch and sync the playlist to it.

In order to do so you tap Playlists > On-the-Go > Add All Songs + Symbol

5. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

As you have 16gb of music in your library and only sync 9gb, you don't copy all your library to the iPhone so I assume you only sync 'checked' items.

When you sync your touch with the same library the items will still be 'checked' so surely they will be the only things synced over.

Or am I looking at this wrong? :confused:

6. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

best way to do it is creating a playlist of all you iphone music then sync that playlist with your touch no?