Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
I'm wanting to clean up my iTunes library. My wife did this a few months ago, but somehow reverted back to prior with a vacation.

Is there a way to delete music from iTunes and get rid of it in the cloud as well (so it doesn't redownload)?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
You can delete it from the iTunes folder and it'll stay available in the cloud. To get rid of both you right click the track and click delete. A pop up gives you the option to remove the local copy or local and iCloud

Reactions: steve62388

southerndoc

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2006
USA
You can delete it from the iTunes folder and it'll stay available in the cloud. To get rid of both you right click the track and click delete. A pop up gives you the option to remove the local copy or local and iCloud

My wife spent hours doing this. When she got a new iPhone, all of her old music magically reappeared.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
My wife spent hours doing this. When she got a new iPhone, all of her old music magically reappeared.
Is it purchased music? If it is that may be the issue but it won't download unless you ask it to it should have a cloud symbol next to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.