Best way to erase iPhone on 10.3.3 completely and set up as new phone on 11.0.1?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Chris_H0928, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Chris_H0928 macrumors member

Should I just erase all settings and once the phone turns back on upgrade it to iOS 11.0.1 immediately? I said I wasn't gonna update to iOS 11, but I'm gonna cave against my better judgment and just do it. I don't have a computer handy, so iTunes is out. Ideas?

2. Nisaja macrumors 6502a

If you don’t have iTunes, then yeah, easing all content and settings and updating is the way to go. I’d try to get my hands on a friends computer and do it properly though.

3. KALLT macrumors 601

Any reason why you don’t just update straight away?

4. snow755 macrumors 65816

snow755

Some like my self likes doing a clean install on a major OS release too make sure every things gos well I only do OTA on small updates

5. Chris_H0928 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input. I've never had any real issues doing OTA updates to be honest. Just a minor headache once that was easily remedied. I'll wipe it and then install iOS 11.0.1 as I planned. Thanks!

6. Chris_H0928 thread starter macrumors member

I wanna wipe it and start fresh. No particular reason.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

The "cleanest" way if you don't have a computer would be to update, then erase: This would be slightly cleaner than erasing then updating. To be honest, however, there's probably very little difference between the two methods.

8. KALLT macrumors 601

Erasing all contents and settings is all you have to do. You don’t need iTunes for this.