Best way to export footage of a filmed computer screen for top quality on youtube?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ozreth, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Title says it all. I am doing some blogging stuff which entails filming things on my monitor (mbp) and would like to have the footage as clear and crisp as possible when I export it for youtube.

Best settings for this in iMovie? Thanks : )

2. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

Can anybody help? I've looked at several tutorials online and they all seem to differ quite a bit. Would like the word of you good people if possible : )

3. AnimaLeo macrumors 6502

Please don't do this, it will look like crap. Use screen recording software instead.

Also, don't export from iMovie use Finalcut, or Premiere etc if you want best quality from your camera.

4. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

I am recording myself playing games and giving commentary. I thought about using FRAPS but this decreases gaming performance.

5. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Screen are almost always recorded with screen recording software, not with camera's. You can always add your voice later, if you can't figure out how to record your voice at the same time.

BTW, do you play on windows or mac os x?

6. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

I know, I'll try some recording software but it will most likely hinder game performance a bit.

Both.