Best way to get the iPad in the UK? (from the USA)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by arcsbite, Mar 28, 2010.

1. arcsbite Guest

Other than being ridiculously excited and impatient for the iPad, I'm also leaving the UK at the end of April to volunteer in Thailand for 3 months.

anyone know if the iPad will be available to purchase at retail stores on the 3rd of April (as I know the website states online orders are delayed)

I'd REALLY like to get an iPad to take with me, does anyone have any advice on the best way to do this?
    I've looked at ebay but not sure I trust it and the mark ups get silly.

thanks in advance

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

3. arcsbite thread starter Guest

good suggestion but sadly not :(
    plenty in France.....lot of sodding use they are! lol

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Does your flight stop over in America? Im guessing it wont, but you never know.

5. TheBigApple2006 macrumors regular

As mentioned before, Bundlebox, www.bundlebox.com seems to be the best fully legit waying of doing it - you pay for VAT but you're sure of getting it without any hidden expenses or surprises. I am holding out myself while waiting some news (hopefully within next week or so) on official UK prices. As far as I have worked it out, you currently pay 465 pounds all inclusive for a 16GB Wifi and 563 for a 32GB Wifi.

6. kultschar macrumors 6502a

Bundlebox.com has been mentioned but there were cheaper ones on ebay if you are prepared to snipe.

The only good option to be honest is if a friend in US is willing to buy and send!!

Im in the same boat as you mate except in the Falklands hence not even an Apple shop here so have to buy from US somehow!

7. arcsbite thread starter Guest

Doha :(

8. arcsbite thread starter Guest

9. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I take it thats not America :p

I guess Bundlebox is your only other option.

10. Ashmanspice macrumors regular

If I've calculated it right, looks like you will be paying a bit under £450 if you use that website.

Not too bad considering a lot of people think it's gona cost £400 anyway..

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If you're going to volunteer for 3 months in Thailand it probably isn't exactly the best idea to take a brand new Apple gadget with you... They might not provide good security and you should easily be able to find an internet cafe.

On the way back get an AirAsia flight down to Singapore or Hong Kong (ideally) and go and pick up one there, it should be very cheap to do that if you go to the right place.

If you have an iPhone take that - its pocketable so much less of a risk.

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You aren't really correct that the US is the cheapest place to get Apple products.

In the US the iPod touch starts at $199, in Japan it starts at $214, in Singapore its $219, and in Hong Kong its $202 - I'd expect all of the non-US prices to include tax (though I can't be 100% certain about Hong Kong).