Best way to guarantee getting the 5s on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

I have off work this Friday and plan on waking up very early to go to my local Verizon store. I live in a suburban area so I don't expect massive lines or anything, however, I still plan to get there an hour before the store opens.

The lady I spoke with said they're definitely getting a shipment in but don't know what configurations specifically yet. She also said they are opening 2 hours early, and that they have received a lot of phone calls in regards to the 5s but currently have no estimate of how many people they're expecting to show up Friday morning.

There are several other stores in my town that may receive the device as well. Being as I have off and can get to the store early, I'm really hoping I'll be able to snag a 5s on its launch date. Does anyone know how you buy the phone at day Walmart or elsewhere at your upgrade price through your carrier? Is this even possible? What about the leather cases? Do we know when those will be available and if carriers will have them?

2. marm115 macrumors newbie

Not sure of the answers regarding your questions about cases.

But to answer your question about purchasing from a third party at your carrier's two-year contract subsidized pricing, by my understanding, you just have to have your relevant account info on hand when in the store purchasing. Presumably they will look it up, verify that you are due for an upgrade, and then sell you the phone and register your upgrade in the system.