Best way to have itunes on 2 macs that i can keep same sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by msarway, Sep 19, 2012.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

i have an imac in my office and a macair at home is there a simple way of keeping both ituns in sync so if i am in the office i can sync or if i am at home i can sync both my ipad or iPhone?

2. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

iCloud...? iTunes Match...?

What exactly do you want to sync?

3. tbarney macrumors member

I have the same question. I currently have my itunes lib on an iMac, all idevices in the house sync to that machine. I would like to have another machine (MAC or PC) running itunes that I can sync all the devices to as well, without screwing anthing up. Possible?

4. tdhurst macrumors 601

tdhurst

Dropbox

Dropbox. Depending on your library size, you could use dropbox and point all your iTunes library files to one file.

But I believe you'll be limited to one iTunes client using it at a time.

5. ajfoggy macrumors newbie

I have my library on a NAS and both Mac access the same library.

Just can't open itunes on both Macs at the same time.

6. MikeeW macrumors newbie

MikeeW

I have the same query

I have a similar query. I am using a MacBook Pro and will soon have a MacBook Air. Presently, I use a Time Capsule for the MBP. I also make Carbon Copy Clone copies once in a while of the MBP. I want the MBA to be available as a "plan B" if my MBP should fail for some reason.

I have several iOS devices (iPad and iPod, no phone) and these are all set up to sync with the MBP. I use only one Apple ID.

My real concern is the ability to sync music and photos and such with the MBA.

I read about home sharing setups and use of iCloud. For me, iCloud is not a practical option. Internet connection is way to slow and unreliable.

I'm just not clear on the aspect of duplicating files for iTunes on both machines