Best way to listen to iPhone 4 in an old car?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by e5volcano, Mar 6, 2011.

1. e5volcano macrumors regular

Hi, got my Verizon iPhone 4 and I was wondering what is the best way to listen to it through my car speakers.

I don't have any Microsoft Sync system or anything like that, I only have a CD player, Cassette player, and radio.

I saw this on Amazon and it is pretty highly rated
    http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iCarP...92IE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299458255&sr=8-1

Is that the best option or is there better alternatives?

2. dayumitzmark macrumors regular

buy that. cassette should be the best sounding..fm transmitters are kinda bad..

3. TBONE72 macrumors regular

4. Aaron1021 macrumors member

I also agree that fm transmitters are horrible. I tried using one, and half the time i would hear nothing but static. I tried different settings and nothing worked. So I finally bought a cheap belkin cassette adapter, and it's been working great.

5. bighabeeb macrumors 6502

Agreed. Unfortunately newer FM Tramsitters don't have as much juice as older ones did due to change in FCC regulations.

I actually ripped the radio out of my car and dropped in an aftermarket one specifically to be able to listen to my iphone and have it charge, all from one source. Whole thing cost me around $130 for the stereo itself with the ipod connector, and then another 25 bucks for a scoche passport (my iphone is newer, the radio still had the firewire config - so it played fine but wouldn't charge...the passport resolved that for me).

Have since spent a few more bucks on upgraded speakers, bass tube etc, but I found this to ba pretty good solution. The radio I bought also has an aux-in so if you were, say, using another mp3 player for any reason, you could jack that in as well.

Minimal investment and will give a far better result then any of the homebrew connection options.

That having been said, the CD/Casette connector is definitely the best of the "plug and play" solutions.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Or, if you're willing, you can buy a new head unit that's capable of playing your iPod/iPhone.