Best way to move broken iPhone to New iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zerostar, Dec 19, 2010.

1. zerostar macrumors regular

Hey all!

Got a strange situation, I have a friend who had a iPhone 3G and she does not have a computer of her own, so I don't think its ever been sync'd or anything. She dropped it and cracked the screen, the phone still works otherwise.

Now she got a new iPhone 4 (I believe) and wants to move her stuff from the old one to the new... what is the best way for me to help her accomplish this?

I figured plug in old iPhone, right click>backup iPhone

then plug in new iPhone and restore from that backup?

I think the only thing will be Apps won't transfer? Is that correct or is there a better way to accomplish all this?

THANKS GUYS!!

2. Lukeyy19 macrumors 6502a

Lukeyy19

as far i know the apps will be included in the backup, but you can always do the "transfer purchases" option, which will copy everything bought from the app store and the itunes store into itunes on the PC to be put back on the new one, as long as its using the same Apple ID

3. zerostar thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! That helped.. I think we got most of it, took like an hour to backup and 10 min to restore it.

4. SL4VE macrumors 6502

wont sync and copy over music... but if its never been sync'd there shouldnt be any music unless bought in iTunes