Best way to order or get help?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shohan, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Shohan macrumors newbie

I'm pretty set on purchasing a high-end 15" MBP. My concern is, as a first time Mac owner, where to buy it to avoid any overheating issue, screen problems, or anything else. My closest Apple Store is about 2.5 hours away so unfortunately making quick trips there isn't exactly an option should something come up. Obviously, I could order online, but then would I have to deal with shipping or would I be able to take it to an Apple Store even though I bought it online?

Coincidentally, I'll be in the DC area for work next week so this will be a perfect chance for me to compare the glossy and anti-glare screens in person since there are a few Apple Stores in the area. But in store stock should be older systems then if I ordered online, right? Again, what's Apples policy on returns? If I buy it from a DC store am I going to be required to go back to that store within the first 14 or 30 days?

So what's going to be my best option? Order online to try to get a newer manufacturing date? Buy at a store so I can open it up and check the screen or for an overheating issue? Is there a good way to test the screen?

I'm not sure if the stores will even carry the 15" MBP, 2.2GHz, 4GB, with the 500GB 7200RPM HDD and the glossy or anti-glare screens.

2. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Simpering.. U need to order from apple directly and if it arrives with issues send it back.

U don't have every configuration in store and you won't be able to test every issue in store.

3. edifyingGerbil macrumors regular

You can at least test the resolutions in-store. Most large stores offer an anti-glare, high-resolution 15" screen to view things on.

It'd be good to make sure things aren't too tiny for you on a high res 15" before you order one and find your eyes straining.