Best way to organise photos on iphone and mac plus transferring question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by abz1981, Mar 25, 2011.

1. abz1981 macrumors 65816

HI all
    sorry if this has been asked before. However what is the best way to set up photos i have taken on my iphone 4 on my iphone. At the moment all photos are in camera roll. Is it possible to set up different photo albums on my iphone?

Also whats best way to keep the photos on my iphone and also transfer photos on my macbook pro to my iphone. As itunes only gives me a sync option and I believe that only puts certain photos from iphoto to my iphone and may replace photos that are on my iphone already. Also how to transfer photos on my macbook to my iphone. I am sorry if this is such a silly question. But hope someone can help and explain this to me.

thanks in advance

2. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Check out the demo on this website, the app is called PhotoSync.
    Very simple and fast to use, especially with the free app for Mac/PC.
    Transfers pics/vids back and forth between iDevices/Mac/PCs.

http://www.photosync-app.com/photosync/en/home.html

This is what i've been using with my MacBook Pro, its just easier and i dislike using wires.

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Use iPhoto or Image Capture to save the pics from your phone onto your computer, then choose which albums you want to sync in iTunes. It won't erase your camera role unless you tell it to.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

That is definitely the best way to go, and you don't need any more apps for your phone or your Mac. Import to iPhoto, sort them in to albums and sync back to the phone...