Best way to promote a band/small tour stint?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by michael.lauden, Jul 26, 2009.

1. michael.lauden, Jul 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

hey MR,

i've been on quite a few tours over the last 2-3 years. and whether they were 3 days long with 5-6 shows, or 3 weeks long with 35 shows, all of them had been promoted, or were based at events that didn't require promotion (festivals, retreats, camps, and weekend long concerts). this will be the last one w/this band as members are moving to NY

Anyways,

we have a nice design on our MySpace right now and we have been using FriendBlaster Pro on MySpace for about 2 weeks + filtering people from the locations we are playing in (only 7 shows). not to mention posting bullitens, talking to people and yadda yadda

on Facebook we have a fan page, and have invited ~200 people to it (friends of friends invited as well). we will be making Facebook events to invite everyone to the shows when it gets closer (April 7th-13th)

the question i'm trying to get to is:

am i missing an angle here?

or am i doing everything in my power to make sure we have a good last tour together before we split up

2. michael.lauden thread starter macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

3. Intel Inside macrumors 6502

Flyers, maybe an ad on Facebook. Spreading by word of mouth usualy works too

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter and flyers/posters.

5. michael.lauden thread starter macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

printed flyers are usually a waste of money. we are being promoted - and one of our members works for a company that does graphic design and promotion.

i've been posting links on twitter regularly - and we have flyers online for events on facebook. and for myspace spamming. ads usually don't really 'bring people in' it just looks annoying

thanks for the suggestions though!

anyone else?