Best way to reset my phone and keep all my info.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boomhower, Sep 5, 2013.

1. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

My "other" space has gotten out of hand. I need to do a refresh to get my memory back. What is the best way to accomplish this? Main thing I would like to keep are my game statuses. In the past I've things like Plants vs. Zombies, etc. Another big one I can't lose is my vehicle maintenance app. I've logged gas and such with it from day 1 with the car and would hate to lose it. Put a lot of time into that and would like to keep. iCloud makes contacts and calendars easy but what about other apps? My attempts in the past have lost those things. iCloud will certainly bring back the app but not the data. Of course as luck would have the big ones I want data from don't support iCloud backup.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

iCloud backs ups backup app data and everything else. You could do a restore, then restore from iCloud backup. You can also use this program the get rid of all cache and unnecessary files off your device:
    PhoneClean: http://www.imobie.com/phoneclean/

3. boomhower thread starter macrumors 68000

boomhower

Pretty nice app. Got me 1GB back. But it didn't get the "other" section, still losing 3GB's there.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I had almost 1Gb of stuff in my messages app I noticed when I updated to iOS 7. I recommend to delete your iMessages.

5. boomhower thread starter macrumors 68000

boomhower

Dang, 300MB's in mine. Never thought I'd have that much there! Still have 2.8GB's ate up, any other ideas where it's going?

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I will let you know if I think of anything else:)

7. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I don't think it's the text messages that take up the space - it's the photos that are attached to the messages. Delete those, and yes, I think you have to remove them one at a time unless someone knows a better way.