Best way to restore after upgrade? (Jailbreak and Unlock)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dextor143, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 4 and will be going to upgrade using PT 4.1 to iOS4.1

I have contacts, jailbreak apps, songs and data but it is just a pain to upgrade and then reinstall all the apps....Is there a way to upgrade and get everything back as it is?

I also have some apps that I dont want to talk about here....But again...have to reinstall all of them one by one...

Anyhelp will be appreciated.

thanks

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

As long as you have everything backed up into iTunes your golden. Your 3rd party apps would not be saved though. You'd have to install those again.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

PKGbackup will backup a list of your 3rd Party apps and them after you are JB you can just install them all back in one shot. (for the records I don't like this type of backup, since some of the app may not be updated for the new OS yet, bringing some issues to the phone with no easy way to detect which app is causing the issue, IMO installing them one by one is a better option, It won't work for those app "that we cannot talk here" that you mentioned, I would recommend paying for them.)

4. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

AptBackup worked fine for me after I upgraded my jailbroken 4.0 to 4.1. My icons were white after first loading, but after a respring, they came back and all seems to work pretty well. You iTunes apps, songs, etc will return when you sync and your photos, text messages, etc should come back if you restore from a previous backup of your iPhone. :)