Best Way To Return or Refuse Delivery of New Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nostresshere, Sep 29, 2012.

1. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Dec 30, 2010
    Okay, after waitiing and waiting for phone ordered on the first day of pre orders, I went and got one at the Apple Store using the nighttime reservation system. (

I tried to call ATT to cancel my order, but they would not do it. This morning I see that I now have a tracking number, so I expect that phone in a few days.

The question: should I refuse delivery (assuming I am here at the time), or take it and return it to an ATT store? Or mail it back?
  2. czar44 macrumors member

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm in the same boat - ATT told me they couldn't cancel that I would need to refuse the order. Since it was on backorder I wasn't worried about it arriving anytime soon. Then yesterday, while I wasn't at work, I got read an email around noon that had been sent at 9:15am saying my phone had shipped. No problem, I think. I'll call the admin assistants at work and tell them once I check tracking details. Phone was shipped 11pm the night before and delivered and signed for at 12:14pm. Too late. I guess I'll call ATT and see what they want me to do to return it.
  3. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2012
    I refused delivery. Takes a while but credit appears on your account. If it does get delivered, DO NOT open the device box. Ship it back or return to a store.
  4. asleep macrumors 68040

Sep 26, 2007