Best Way to Send My Daughter Her Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by labrat1996, Nov 1, 2017.

1. labrat1996 macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I ordered an iPhone X for my Daughter and it is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. She is in California and I am in Kansas. What is the best carrier to use to send it to her? Should I send it overnight? I am definitely getting Signature Confirmation and paying for insurance. I have USPS and UPS accounts, but am thinking that Fed Ex might be the best way to go since UPS doesn’t deliver on Saturday. Opinions?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

If you want it delivered by Saturday, FedEx is your only choice.

3. labrat1996 thread starter macrumors 6502

labrat1996

It doesn’t really matter when it is delivered since it is her Christmas present. Still - with something that expensive I get nervous waiting for it to arrive. Would USPS Priority Express not arrive on Saturday?

4. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

USPS and UPS also over overnight delivery options.

OP: You can ship it at the post office via Priority Mail and include insurance and signature. It would likely arrive in 2-3 days. For an expensive package, I'd go to a FedEx office or UPS store, as their claims process is usually better in the rare event something happens to the package. (based on my experience).

5. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I thought that USPS did deliver on Saturdays. I would just go FedEx. I order a lot online and FedEx has never done me wrong. I think they are fast and reliable and reasonably priced.

6. labrat1996 thread starter macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I sell on eBay and have stopped insuring most packages I send USPS because it seems no matter how much documentation I sent them, it was next to impossible to get paid on a claim. It was worse than dealing with Health Insurance Claims!

I will price out UPS and Fed Ex. Overnight will probably be a bit pricey since my daughter will expect some “care package” loot along with the phone,

7. ivnmetal macrumors member

USPS 2-3 day shipping w/ signature confirmation is $16.50 in TX (give or take, taxes in Kansas may differ) but make sure you packet very well and use their tape to seal your box very well. Also take a pic or video recording of it just in case. If you're paying for insurance, that'll be more, but you should be fine with USPS.

8. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

If you don't care about insurance, then go USPS. It will probably be the cheapest method to get it there fast. Priority Mail is very quick these days.

9. labrat1996 thread starter macrumors 6502

labrat1996

10. Revels macrumors member

11. labrat1996 thread starter macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I ordered through the Apple App, but it goes through the carrier AT&T, so as I understand it, it has to be shipped to the account holder’s address.

12. Ladybug macrumors 68000

Ladybug

FedEx gets my vote. Their tracking is better too generally.

13. anubis1980 macrumors 6502

14. labrat1996 thread starter macrumors 6502

labrat1996

LOL!

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

16. labrat1996 thread starter macrumors 6502

labrat1996

It looks like I could use USPS Priority Express for $56 with insurance. Fed Ex was $50 more than that! I could be cheap and use Priority Mail - but it would be nice for my daughter to get the phone this weekend, when she would actually have the time to set it up. Also - she gets earlier cool factor of having an iPhone X. It’s going to be a big step up from her 6!

Just wish USPS tracking didn’t suck so much!

17. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

Roadtrip!!!

Ant

18. BrettDS macrumors 65816

If you insure it then you shouldn’t worry too much about how long it takes. If you really want to go overnight then you’ll definitely be spending a lot of money. Is it worth that much just for a little peace of mind?

The other option would be to wait until Monday and then just send it ground... that would be a little less time in transit since it wouldn’t just sit there not moving on Sunday.

19. brandonnnnnnn macrumors member

I would fly to California to insure it gets their safely. On the plus side, you get to visit your daughter. You sir are a great dad getting the iPhone X for her Christmas gift.

20. labrat1996 thread starter macrumors 6502

labrat1996

I am a mom! LOL! Thanks! My daughter is an only child, so it is easy to spoil her. She is also a really hard worker, did well in school and calls several times a week just to chat, so I am lucky!

If I wasn’t in the middle of a kitchen remodel, I would seriously consider playing phone courier. I love visiting San Diego!

21. brandonnnnnnn macrumors member

Oppsss!! I am so sorry! Well you are an excellent mom! Sorry can’t make it out that way. Definitely insure and I would say use fedex.

22. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

From personal experience, avoid USPS. I’ve “lost” two priority packages with them and insurance claims are a nightmare.

23. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Request a change of delivery with UPS.
    Since you ordered from Apple then you can get the tracking number.

Use that and change the address where you want in delivered.

24. brandonnnnnnn macrumors member

That is really smart!

25. Steve686 macrumors 68040

Steve686

Ha
    Have you ever done this?