Best way to spend my money for a macbook pro and acessories.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iperson21, Aug 27, 2010.

1. iperson21 macrumors regular

i want to get a macbook pro, but now i have to find a way to get all the acessories i want but without spending alot of money.

please change this as you wish to a lower price
    im cheap, and if something is just as good or just a little worse, i can live with it as long as it saves me money =D
    (i do realize macs are like the priciest computers)
    this is all with student discount

Macbook Prowith iWork installed and AppleCare $1323
    zagg invisibleshield to prevent from scratches $40
    red keyboard cover $10

waterfield case (most basic) $40

asus led monitor 21.5 $180

mini displayport to hdmi $4

cross over for mac so i can run any programs from school on my mac and/or games (i can get really cheap games leagally) 54$

copy of snow leadpord so i can hackintosh a dell mini 10v i have (idk why my dad bought it but nobody uses it now, so im gonna hackintosh-> extra monitor through screen recycler for maybe iChat/iTunes) 30$

not getting a mac is not an option, i need a mac, but getting a discount is defenitly a discount =D

2. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

well if you are on a tight bufget i am reccomending you not get so many extras, i would never tell you to buy anything but i mac i love there products but that extra monitor plus the cables and adapters? i have been running a 13" macbook for 4 years and it have never had any issues with screen size, and you are getting way to many safety items, this is a computer not a priceless diamond ring, the carry bag did look nice and very usefull for transporting it, but if you don't through stuff at your computer or drop it down stair not that the invisible shields would help you should have no issues keeping it in mint condition, it is aluminum after all.

so thats 1323 (may or may not have taxes) and $40 for the carry bad, you will find a $180 monitor will look terrible compared to the brilliance of an apple display which includes your laptops display, my $500 26" LG tv looks crummy compared to my 4 year old macbook screen, so unless you blow $900 and buy a super high quality plasma or a apple led display its really not worth it. and you should be able to pick up a factory sealed snow leopard off ebay for pretty cheap.

3. iperson21 thread starter macrumors regular

umm for me, i use the computer every day, and if you would see my laptop right now, its a dell xps m1330 who's fans go crazy high speed from idling from playing a simple flash game online, where the click is broken, im running vista buissness which takes 15 minutes just to boot up, and only has 45min of battery, this thing is going to be a priceless diamond ring for me.

plus my mom has a MBP, and the bottom of hers has a huge deep scratch on the bottom, and i don't want that to happen to mine.

the keyboard cover is just for looks....

case is just because i travel alot, and from the testemonials, that thing is like a fabric piece of concrete protection for the MBP

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

haha yeah this will be quite the upgrade for you =D and i really do not like the keyboard covers i find they bulk up the keyboard to much i much prefer the smooth clicking sound of a mac key board =D and you do know that when the fans kick in on a mac it sounds like a diesel truck right? haha it definitely lets me know when its working. But all that said i prefer to keep weight down and looks up =D haha i will keep my aluminum very polished and shiny =D and as for those few scratches.... it happens >_<

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I use the Moshi Palmguard; it feels better than the Zagg IS. Plus I like the trackpad cover Moshi makes, so it's a win-win.

Otherwise I use a neoprene sleeve from Incase; so skins or hardshells for me.