Best way to update from firmware 2.2.1 and re-jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gator.the.dog, Mar 30, 2010.

1. gator.the.dog macrumors newbie

Hey yall,

I have an iPhone 3G which is currently jailbroken using QuickPWN. My firmware is version 2.2.1 with Modem Firmware 02.30.03.

Without the more recent 3.x.x firmware I cannot use some of the newer Apps which require this update.

With all of the banter about preserving baseband and future unlock & jailbreaking what is the best way to update my firmware and re-jailbreak the phone?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I would say update to stock 3.0 firmware.
    Then create a custom 3.1.2 firmware thru pwnage to maintain the 04.26.08 baseband.
    Then use the custom IPSW to update to 3.1.2 and using ultrasnow to unlock.

3. gator.the.dog thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible to update to 3.0 firmware through iTunes without updating to the "newest" firmware 3.1.? that would hinder further unlocking or jailbreaking?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, all you do is download the official 3.0 from this list of official iphone firmware:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750
    Then on itunes hold down **** and click restore or on macs hold down option and hit restore. It will let you pick the IPSW that you just downloaded.

5. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Lol, "shift"

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That is pretty funny. He must have had a typo and the language filter caught him. Expect a TO any minute now for Applejuiced. :)