Best way to upgrade JB phone to iOS5 then JB again?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by patent10021, Sep 15, 2011.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Best way to upgrade JB phone to iOS 5 then JB again?

Possible? Untethered iOS 5 JB Not ready right?

What if I just want to do a clean install of iOS 4 on my JB iPhone? I'm not concerned with a backup since MobileMe and the app store has all my info.

Factory restore available? What happens to my phone user data? Obviously auto received via 3G and carrier right?

2. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

It's possible.

• You need your device's UDID registered as a developer device to access the iOS 5 beta.
    • Things can get very complicated and time-consuming when jailbreaking the latest beta with RedSn0w (only jb tool for iOS 5), but it's possible.
    • There is NO untethered JB for iOS 5
    • You can always do a factory restore, but you need to have your 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs saved to revert to that untethered jailbreak from comex's jailbreakme.com

im not so sure what you mean by 'phone user data'

hope this helps

3. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

ok well let's back up for a sec. Let' forget everything I said and just start with, how do I revert my JB iP4 [4.3.3 (8J2)] to back to the factory settings? OR at least to an unbroken iP4 [4.3.3]?

And How do I upgrade a jailbreak ? i.e. JB 4.3.3 phone to JB 4.3.5? Do I need to revert to factory settings first?

For example, I'd like to upgrade my 4.3.3 jailbreak to 4.3.5 using http://www.jailbreakme.com/