Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Powrie

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Sometimes old hardware will run slower with new OS's

If you have a 4 you might want to ask what others have been seeing with the speed of the OS.

But if you have a 4s I hear that it runs pretty good.

If your getting a 5 it will come with iOS 6

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I myself am doing it the old fashioned: connect my 4S to my MBA and update via iTunes, I'm more than likely going to do a clean restore of it just to be safe.

As for time, no one knows for sure, but everyone's guess is 10 am PST.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Off topic from original post, but i maybe the only one that is running IOS 6 GM on my 4s and have really bad battery life. I can leave it sitting overnight. When i wake up, its almost dead. And i did nothing. Even if i sign out of Facebook etc for my apps.

0329liuken

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Off topic from original post, but i maybe the only one that is running IOS 6 GM on my 4s and have really bad battery life. I can leave it sitting overnight. When i wake up, its almost dead. And i did nothing. Even if i sign out of Facebook etc for my apps.

I don't think it is about the OS. I used to have this problem with my 4s. I went to Apple store and the man from Genius Bar asked me to restore the system and then restore from my backup, I tried but it doesn't work. Then I restored the system and didn't restore from my backup, problem solved.

The guy from Genius Bar told me it is because some apps have problems and crashes all the time which makes my battery die so fast, I deleted those apps but it didn't work.

I think the only way to solve it is to restore your OS and give up your backup and set up as a new phone.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I don't think it is about the OS. I used to have this problem with my 4s. I went to Apple store and the man from Genius Bar asked me to restore the system and then restore from my backup, I tried but it doesn't work. Then I restored the system and didn't restore from my backup, problem solved.

The guy from Genius Bar told me it is because some apps have problems and crashes all the time which makes my battery die so fast, I deleted those apps but it didn't work.

I think the only way to solve it is to restore your OS and give up your backup and set up as a new phone.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.