Best weather app

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, Mar 25, 2012.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

Im on the fence between weatherbug and the weather channel. But I'm open to other suggestions.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I really like eWeather HD for general forecast and current weather, but Radarscope for radar.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Just picked up eWeather on your recommendation
    Really cool app

4. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Weatherbug Elite just got a really nice makeover. I have used MyCast for their radar and I always use Weather Alert USA for push alerts directly from the NWS. Although, I hear they now charge a decent price for Wx Alert - I got in when it was only .99

5. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

The thing I hate about weatherbug is the local stations are very inconsistent. The one closest to my house is jacked up. Won't show wind speed and the wind chill is alway 0 degrees. Which on a 60 degree day seems a little off.

6. Shield macrumors member

My personal favourite is Accuweather for iPhone and Accuweather for iPad...both were free and have a full list of features including animated radar images and video forecasts. They are easy to navigate and have very accurate information.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Not using an app, but I do use weather.com to send texts for sever weather alerts. Aside from that, the built-in widget does the trick for me. I don't generally care about the in depth details. Just need to see if there is sunshine, rain, snow, etc. on the slate for the day//week.

8. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

I don't like ads. And I've read that the paid version of accuweather is much different. And less user friendly

9. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

I use WFMY. Its out of Greensboro,NC but you can set your location. Really cool. Storm tracker to show you the direction of each cell. Hurricane and tropical storm tracker and Earthquakes. We have a lot in the US!!

10. djshack macrumors regular

Weather Underground is a great weather site, and the app finally allows for ad removal.

11. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Im not picky on weather apps, I like the built in one just fine. But I did get MenuWeather for when I want a little more, and I'm happy with it.

12. Shield macrumors member

The free Accuweather does have ads...they're a little bar across the top of the app. I find I don't really notice them and they don't get in the way.

I never felt he need to try the ad-free paid version.

13. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted

I just downloaded weather underground and it's awesome.