iPad Bestbuy got rid of the Ipad and Apple related products from the floor?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Closingracer, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Closingracer macrumors 68020

I went to the best buy near me and wanted to compare my iPad to a one on the floor and also wanted to see if they sold a 2 meter lightning cable and noticed they had sections for Windows, Google and Samsung but nothing for Apple other then a fee things here and there spread out through the store like cases for iPhone and 3 foot cables which is to short for me

2. AppleRobert macrumors 603

3. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

It's different from store to store then. The Mac section in Augusta, GA is completely across the store from where the iPad section is.

4. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68020

I couldn't find it in the store I went to. Couldn't find macs or Ipad

5. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Sounds like that Best Buy is not selling too many Apple products then.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I was just at a BB store yesterday and Apple kiosk was still there as usual. Maybe BB shut down ones in low volume stores.

7. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68020

That could be true.... I bought the Ipad air there last year and now the whole display is gone and in its place is Google stuff

8. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

In Augusta, GA...

there is a small section with Mac stuff, next to a very large Microsoft section.

The tablet section for Apple is a single table next to a decent size Samsung section.

I'll be there tomorrow morning, I'll get some pics lol.

9. veryangrybirds macrumors regular

Cold shoulder?

Well BestBuy was one of the few stores who said they would not support ApplePay ...

that could be one indication of their cold and minimal exposure to Apple and their products in-store

Here in Socal though there are still definite floor spaces for Apple products ...

10. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Same setup in my store now.

The ipads were in the front of the store on Sunday and I also saw them by the Macs as well on a single large table. I asked on Sunday why in two places and the employee said the Ipads in the front would be gone by midweek and that is what happened.

11. mcaswell macrumors member

Our local BB store has a small Mac section, but the iPads aren't there... they're on an endcap nestled among other tablets, and right next to a very prominent Samsung booth.

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Not for much longer.

13. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

In my store, the iPads are near all the other tablets, and the Macs are separate.

We just got a surprisingly large Apple Store about a mile away just last year, so I can see my lock Best Buy doing less volume now.

14. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68020

While I like the Apple store a lot more I prefer going to bestbuy since it has everything and since I own a note 4, Windows Pc and an iPad easier to shop for all 3 in 1 store and due to the fact no apple stores in Brooklyn which I find funny seeing how Brooklyn is becoming like Williamsburg or places like my neighborhood.

15. OptyCT macrumors 6502

I think BB has gotten too cozy with the Samsung folks (which is understandable because they offer TV's, refrigerators, et. al.). In my local BB, there's always a worker wearing a Samsung shirt hanging out in the Apple section. Once someone goes over to check out an iPad or Mac, this worker tries to poach them and show them the Samsung offerings. He also does this with other Android (i.e. Nexus products) and Windows shoppers. My guess is that Apple's found out about this practice and has limited their inventory at BB stores. Looking at Apple's latest earnings, it would appear that Apple doesn't need BB.

16. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Yeah, that's why the iPad stuff is right by the Samsung spot. "He" can stay in his area and still poach customers that are looking at Apple stuff.

17. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'm curious, since you were there, what did the BB rep say about it when you asked?

----------

18. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68020

I didn't ask since I was looking for something in particular and was sort of a rush. Spent 10 mins looking through the store and didn't find anything. It's the store closest to Me and knew where they kept them up until now?

Went to a 2nd store since it's close to the Apple store and they were where they usually are but it is so small compared to the Samsung department next to it

19. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I just got back from my local store and they had moved the iPad section to the very front left, I walked around for 5 minutes looking for it. Strange.

Asked an employee who said they DID have them in stock, but they wouldn't be on display until tomorrow.

20. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68020

The 2ns bestbuy I went to which is in Union Square did have a really small apple section and had an iPad air 2 up to show

21. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Um, okay.