BestBuy stacking up Verizon 5s, not others in my area

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1981d, Sep 26, 2013.

1. 1981d macrumors regular

I noticed that earlier today a majority of the BestBuys in my area went from "unavailable" to "in store only" on Verizon models, especially 16gb Space Gray. But it's still largely a bust for other colors and carriers. Just seems strange, are they making more Verizon or are the other carriers selling faster? Just wondering...

2. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Where are you located?

3. 1981d thread starter macrumors regular

4. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Best buy in Liverpool NY only has 32gb AT&T 5s in Space Gray.

5. 1981d thread starter macrumors regular

When I bought mine, the BB rep told me I had 14 days to bring it back and exchange it if they got a color I like better. I could exchange evenly for a 16gb or pay the difference for a 32/64. I believe you would then get another 14 days to exchange (or return) that one. So you could pick up the 32gb space gray and then keep exchanging it for other colors/ sizes every 14 days until they get the one you want in stock.

6. D3TSURA macrumors member

I'm pretty sure that you only get 14 days to return or exchange it and nothing beyond that.

7. 1981d thread starter macrumors regular

That's just what the salesman told me. But maybe he was just trying to push the sale? I don't think my receipt specifically addresses exchanges of exchanges, so I just took his word for it. In any event I'll be happy with my space gray. Still, I've got at least two weeks, and the way the shortage has been easing around here I'm still hoping for at least a silver.