BestBuy taking iPhone 5 preorders in store only today!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Sep 14, 2012.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I just got the email and as soon as I can cancel my Apple order that shipping in 2 weeks, I'll probably go to Bestbuy and preorder in their stores today. :cool:

Attached Files:

2. terryh703 macrumors regular

Limited stock so I would try to be there early if u want it launch day

3. kenziekinz09 macrumors member

They told me they didn't know when they'd get any in stock and not to anticipate having it on launch day.

4. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

It will be the same at the AT&T stores. They will have very limited stock with more units "trickling" in each day for weeks and weeks.

5. leenak macrumors 68020

I would rather have something shipped to me rather than see if they have the phone I want in stock.

6. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I pre-ordered with Best Buy for the iPhone 4S (because I had a bunch of Best Buy gift cards to use), but it didn't get my phone for a couple weeks after launch. Like previous users said, they'll have a limited supply. If you really want an iPhone sooner, I'd suggest going to the Apple Store in Fashion Valley Mall in San Diego. I know last year they were flush with new stock everyday for the first couple weeks. Just as long as you don't mind going there early in the morning and waiting on a long long line.

7. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Since Apple won't be able to deliver my 64GB White iPhone 5 till October 4, I preordered today at a Best Buy store in San Diego, CA. I reserved a 64GB White for Verizon. They said, there's no guarantee that they might get enough supply on launch day and even if I reserved, I still have to go early for they will not hold my reserve, which is kind of stupid for why calling it reserve if they are not going to hold it. :rolleyes: I still haven't cancelled my Apple order hoping that the delivery date will change. I'll probably cancel only if I'm able to get one on Best Buy, if not, there's a Verizon store nearby too. :D

8. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I've had the worse experience at best buy last year for the iPhone 4s launch. I was literally the second person in line to pre order once the doors opened . There's was about 30 people in line waiting for the doors to opened . Pre ordered was a smooth transaction . Then when the release day arrived I called and said my phone wasn't in yet . 1 week later same response . Finally after a week in a half I went in there all pissed off and told them my story and magically they said they had an iPhone 4s 32 gb for me after calling everyday for my phone. Wtf, really ? ? ? Never again ! I'm glad this time around I ordered through apple . Ordered @ 12:01 exact .Everything went smooth and hopefully this time I have a better experience.

9. SlyMac macrumors 6502

Rep at Verizon store says I can go in and beging process for iPhone 5 and pick up tom

I spoke with a Verizon store rep near me and she told me I could come in and run my credit and get everything going now. Then, pick up my iPhone to or row in store whenever.

Jus wanted to know if Gus was a regular practice or if anyone has done ths before I head to the store. Thanks.