Bestskinsever now has skin for the MBP 13" and it's on sale until tomorrow (7/30)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atdbuzr, Jul 29, 2009.

1. atdbuzr macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that www.bestskinsever.com has just introduced their new skin for the MBP 13" and has an intro price of $19.99 (reg price is $27.99) until 7/30. I just ordered mine and haven't received it yet so I can't confirm anything around the fit/quality, but I have purchased numerous skins before for various devices (My old MB Air, Blackberry's, etc) and have always been satisfied with fit/quality.

And, yes, I'm one of those people who obsess about keeping my MBP scratch free, but it's mostly for resale value.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-149/MacBook-Pro-13-inch/Detail

-Jeff

2. supermanfan macrumors member

Best Skins Ever - 13" MBP

I just ordered mine. Apple's are like Hondas. The resale is so high and people who buy used Macs are so picky about getting one that is in perfect condition.

3. yawa macrumors member

These easy to fit to macbook pro's?

Obviously quite easy for a small item such as an ipod. Just wondering if a laptop makes it difficult.

4. theclipper macrumors newbie

Is that wrist rest/trackpad kit necessary? I want to keep mine in great shape once I get it but am not sure whether I should I get that as well.

Thanks!

5. atdbuzr thread starter macrumors newbie

I had a skin from bestskinsever on my old MacBook Air and loved it. Actually easier to put on than the one I had for my Blackberry Bold since you don't need to worry about small little tabs and corners of smaller devices.

I liked the wrist rest/track pad protector since I wear a watch and it tends to scratch the wrist rest area.

And, yes, I can attest to Mac buyers wanting scratch-free used computers. When I sold my MB Air to get the MBP 13", the first question many people asked was "Are there any scratches on it?" I think it's just part of the demographic of Mac users :)

-Jeff

6. amytude macrumors newbie

I've never purchased laptop protection before, but should have with my old white macbook. Just got a new MBP and want to protect it (esp. with 2 boys in the house). Would this offer adequate protection or should I get a hardshell like incase makes?

Amy

7. atdbuzr thread starter macrumors newbie

Depends what you mean by "protection"? The skin only really protects the laptop from scratches and light dings. I went with the skin because it adds no weight or bulk to the computer.

8. King James macrumors member

Mine came in yesterday, and although I haven't look at the little pieces that closely, it didn't appear clear as to where the heck to put them all....wish it came with a list of where they go.