bet you've never heard of this happening before

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hbnumbertwo, Mar 25, 2011.

1. hbnumbertwo macrumors newbie

So I recently got my Dad's old iphone 3 while he upgraded to iPhone 4. I have my personal phone number attached to the iphone 3 now and his number is now on the 4. Now I have typed several notes on my phone since the switch and one which was very personal and very important to me. He told me today that he saw some notes on his phone about said personal/important subject and deleted them as he thought it might be personal. So the question I am asking is why is he getting MY notes almost like a text message in a way. OH and did i mention that him deleting notes off his phone deletes them off mine too...So yes, that means my important/personal note is gone, its not so personal anymore, and I am left in frustration and confusion.

additional information-
    iphone 3 is synced to my personal itunes and iphone 4 to his personal itunes
    his gmail was still linked to my phone after the transfer but I removed it just the other day (before this issue was noticed or occured)
    I am very sad

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

I bet you didn't do a fresh restore.. Or even deleted his email accounts complexity off.. If u go to settings, general, mail.. One of those accounts have notes sync on which is the reason y it's happening

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

bummer ... I am sure your Dad is one of the last persons you wanted getting your personal notes

maybe time for a fresh restore

4. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

If you delete his gmail account from your phone, you shouldn't have this issue any more.

Just go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Select any Gmail account, and you will see there is a slider there for syncing your Notes. If you log into your Gmail account from the Web, you'll see that there is a folder called Notes and it will mirror any notes you put on your iPhone. I found them there by accident a few months ago and was also surprised to see them.

5. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter