Better App update notifications

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vastoholic, Oct 5, 2012.

1. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I don't know if it's just my imagination or what, but on my 4 and 4s, I would hardly ever get push notifications for app updates, I would have to manually open up the app store and then the notification would show up. Now on my 5, I'm getting them all pretty much instantly. I'm not used to it and I'm always thinking "wtf keeps popping up in that folder?! Oh yeah, app updates." Did anyone else have problems with that particular push notification on their previous iPhones, especially the 4/s? And if so, are you seeing a vast (no pun intended) improvement on either the iPhone 5 or iOS 6?

2. bboucher790 macrumors 65816

bboucher790

I hope you're right. This has been an annoying problem in iOS for a long, long time.

3. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

It's an iOS 6 improvement. Now I only wish I could opt in/out like all other apps that use Push.

ie, banner alerts, notification center support, etc.

4. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Ah, I sold my 4s before iOS 6 came out and I haven't had the iPad long enough to pay attention if it was doing it prior to iOS 6. I still don't pay attention to it.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Something that I wish was more like android....I wish we could just turn auto update on.

6. kaielement macrumors 65816

I like that it is showing me the updates but I also like that it doesn't auto update. I would burn through my data to fast if it auto updated.