Better Battery Life!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rubined, Sep 26, 2012.

1. rubined macrumors member

After first couple days of mediocre battery life I decided to set up as new phone rather than restoring from the backup, which I had done. I was hesitant and didn't really believe it, but it has made a world of difference. I went from losing 15% overnight not doing anything to losing 30% with nearly 3 hours of usage and nearly 9 hours of standby. It really worked

2. iregret macrumors 6502

I just went through this myself. I don't understand why it would make a difference, but it did.

3. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

What exactly does setting up as a new phone mean in terms of extra work?

Once you are set up as a new phone, does it get all your apps back in the next sync or do you have to re d/l all of them and position them on the screen?
    I guess all the email accounts have to be recreated as well?

What else?

4. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

This worked on my iPhone 4 over the past few years

Setup as new, annoying as it is, always solved my battery issues

It's my ace in the hole if my 5 ever starts to drain quick

5. rubined thread starter macrumors member

You have to redo all apps. Download them, move them, etc. a bit of a hassle but absolutely worth it for the battery. I am at nearly 12 hours of standby and 3.5 of usage. I'm at 55%! This is great. I've NEVER had an iPhone last all day. Should have started fresh on my other phones.

6. geauxmac macrumors newbie

How do I set up as new and later retrieve a back up of all my texts, app data, contacts, and so on?