Better Camera Apeture in Iphone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kristoffer4, Jul 11, 2013.

1. kristoffer4 macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

Do you think we will get a better apeture in Iphone 5S. It bufs that I have to walk far away to get everything I want in the picture. A lack of apeture is something almost all smartphones cameras lack. Is it because there isn't enough space in the phones for them to have a widet apeture?

2. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

There isn't enough room in an iPhone or even android phone to fit nice things like better aperture or optical zoom yet, but technology gets smaller as phones get bigger so I thing that we might be introduced to smartphone with optical zoom and good aperture late 2014 or early 2015.

3. Bear macrumors G3

I think you mean a lack of zoom. The aperture in the camera lens controls how much light is coming in through the lens.

4. kristoffer4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

kristoffer4

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Actually zoom is correct. Zoom is simply a variable focal length. It can go from wide angle to telephoto. An optical zoom with this range would be tough to fit into a thin iPhone, but you never know!

Heck, I'd just like to see proper exposure compensation. That would make the camera much more usable in tricky lighting conditions.

6. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

The iPhone is really a fixed focal length device. The lens does not really zoom it simply crops the ones that are there.

The sensors on these cameras are so small that they a limited to what they can do. I am surprised how good the images do come out for just being a phone.

Lucy