better control over volume?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by adamkesher234, Nov 22, 2009.

1. adamkesher234 macrumors member

grrr, been getting frustrated with the lack of control over the volume on my mac. I have it turned down to a single bar on the volume but when I quicklook at video files the volume is way too loud for my liking.

are there any plugins, addons, downloads that i can get that will provide me with better control over the volume?

thanks in advance

Eugene

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Hold Shift+option and then adjust the volume ;) solved

3. adamkesher234 thread starter macrumors member

oh-my-gawd!! :eek: just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about my macbook. THANKS A LOT! lol I'm waay to happy right now

cheers

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Buddy, you can learn a lot by searching this forum. And if you have a question always search the forums with MRoogle before asking.

I recommend a channel on Youtube called MacMostVideo. A ton of hidden tips in your Mac and iPhone/iPod ;)

Enjoy!

(Download Liquidmac! Do it now!!)

5. adamkesher234 thread starter macrumors member

haha im whoring out the shift+option a lot now :D thanks for the helpful tips!

peace

6. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

But what exactly does this do?

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

When you change the volume on your Mac, you can see that it moves up or down 1 square at a time. Using this method you can actually adjust by INCREMENTS of a square!

8. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Ah I will try this when I get home. But, there are about 10 squares if I remember correctly so surely even more increments arent really needed?

AnDy

9. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

You know they said something like that about the Dirty Harry series...yet they continued making them for 17 years when they should have stopped after Magnum Force...I wish I knew who to blame, then I'd know who to hit and demand compensation for my heavy Blockbuster tab.