better control over volume?

adamkesher234

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
grrr, been getting frustrated with the lack of control over the volume on my mac. I have it turned down to a single bar on the volume but when I quicklook at video files the volume is way too loud for my liking.

are there any plugins, addons, downloads that i can get that will provide me with better control over the volume?

thanks in advance

Eugene

adamkesher234

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
oh-my-gawd!! :eek: just when I thought I knew everything there was to know about my macbook. THANKS A LOT! lol I'm waay to happy right now

cheers

MrCheeto

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2008
Buddy, you can learn a lot by searching this forum. And if you have a question always search the forums with MRoogle before asking.

I recommend a channel on Youtube called MacMostVideo. A ton of hidden tips in your Mac and iPhone/iPod ;)

Enjoy!

(Download Liquidmac! Do it now!!)

MrCheeto

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2008
When you change the volume on your Mac, you can see that it moves up or down 1 square at a time. Using this method you can actually adjust by INCREMENTS of a square!

andylyon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
London
When you change the volume on your Mac, you can see that it moves up or down 1 square at a time. Using this method you can actually adjust by INCREMENTS of a square!
Ah I will try this when I get home. But, there are about 10 squares if I remember correctly so surely even more increments arent really needed?

AnDy

MrCheeto

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2008
You know they said something like that about the Dirty Harry series...yet they continued making them for 17 years when they should have stopped after Magnum Force...I wish I knew who to blame, then I'd know who to hit and demand compensation for my heavy Blockbuster tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.