Better resale on the 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billycuth, Sep 16, 2013.

1. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I realize all that matters is what I like when it comes to my happiness, but what recommendation would you make in terms of resale value?

I keep going back and forth between silver and space grey and I think space grey is winning. But then I wondered about resale. There definitely seems to be more people (in general) more interested in the white front face which I think helps resale. But I wanted to get the opinion of the board here. So what say you?

----------

I also realize it is way early to ask this. But I thought it would be a good discussion.

2. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I just sold my space gray AT&T 32 GB 5S on Craigslist yesterday, got some really good money for it. I must say, it's holding all its value for now, so sell now! iPhone 6 has never been so close.

3. billycuth thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. It's really ok to give a legit opinion right now though. I know it's early but you can still speculate. Feel free to use genuine logic too.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I know that up to this point the white iPhone models have had slightly better resale value than the black front iPhones. When I purchased my iPhone 5 I couldn't find a white iPhone anywhere in the capacity I wanted--but black iPhones abounded.

However, now that there are now two white front iPhone 5S options and one black front iPhone option its hard to say.

Just get what you personally like--and that sounds like space grey.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

The white iPhones have always had slightly higher resale value on eBay/Craigslist than the black ones. So I think it's pretty safe to assume the same will be true for the 5S. Not sure how the Gold will hold up. That one is a wildcard but my best guess is that it will still hold slightly higher value than the Space Grey.

6. thecurryman macrumors 6502

here is what im doing. Im getting the 5s (hopefully 9/20). ill use it for a couple weeks then ill sell it on craigslist for hopefully ~$600 (im getting the gold 16gb). Depending on supply constraints, i may get more i may get less. Either way if I can profit over ~$100 ill be happy. Im really waiting for the note 3 and the iphone 6 (need a bigger screen) so my opinion. Resale value wise, they might hold even higher because now you have a "lower income version" ie 5c.