Better Stanby Life due to Wi-Fi change.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hexiii, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Well, this question might sound stupid, but I don't know what else could have happened.

I had some issues with internet connection, so I phoned to my ISP, who said that they had changed something which was causing the problem and now it's fixed.

But until this, when my phone was in standby and wifi turned on, there was a huge difference in battery life between Wifi off and on. The phone drained 2% an hour when wifi was on and when off it was ~0.5%. Now, however, after changing some connection settings by the ISP, the connection is slower, but on the other hand my phone stanby was dramatically improved using wifi. It's something like 0.75% per hour.

Is it possible that the change is the cause or is it due to something else which I didn't notice?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The first thing that came to my mind was signal strength. Maybe before hand you were getting a weaker signal so it was having to search for the wifi network b.c it was getting disconnected. Now you might be constantly connected

3. Hexiii thread starter macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Yeah that came to mind too.

Here are few details, what exactly it is:

I had some connection speed before the problems, then they fixed something but they slowed the connection because they said I am too far and if it was faster it would be disconnecting or something like that. But I think it was not disconnection before.