Beware: Be careful when buying an Ipad at Verizon, or they will screw you over.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I told them I wanted month to month specifically, and no contract so I could turn it off whenever I wanted. They set me up with 2gb for 30 month, and told me that there was no 1 gb plan, except for certain times of year. They also charged me a 42.00 activation fee. I honestly feel like they knew exactly what they were doing and screwed me anyway. They weren't very informative about what they were doing, so I had a terrible feeling.

I called Verizon customer support after I left the store and took a look at my long receipt, and saw what they had done. After being on the phone for over an hour, and getting transferred over and over again, I finally found out that I had to switch out sim cards in order to fix this problem, and go with the Pre-paid plan. I was so furious I just went to another Verizon store, and they felt bad for me and gave me another sim card for free, and now I am good to go.

The only reason I even knew what plan they were putting me on in the store is because I asked. They didnt ask me any freaking questions, they just set the whole thing up. If you get an Ipad at Verizon, buy the Ipad, pay for it, and get the hell out of the store. Tell them that you don't want to set that up right now, or they will try to get their precious little commision and screw you over like they did me.

2. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I just wanna say I read that first line as 'mouth to mouth'. That is all. Please continue.

3. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

As Sy Simms used to say (if you live in NY or NJ and you're over 40 you'd know who he is) an EDUCATED CONSUMER IS A SMART CONSUMER. You did get screwed over because you weren't "educated." They tried to pull the same stunt at Best Buy today.

4. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't see how they get away with doing stuff like this.