Beyond frustrated ; I need a new method of file sharing to Other apple devices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SS4Luck, Apr 8, 2016.

1. SS4Luck macrumors regular

SS4Luck

After tonight I'm surprised all of my apple devices aren't in pieces.

I need to get 4 files off of my rMBP to my iPhone 6S+ one would thing airdrop right? WRONG. DEAD. WRONG.

I have airdrop open on my rMBP, my fiancé's rMBP, my iPad Pro, my iPad Air 2, my fiancé's iPad Pro, her iPhone 6S+ and my iPhone 6S+....and my worthless laptop can't see ANY of the other devices. I've searched for hours and still have nothing.

Laptop is El Capitan 10.11.3
    Bluetooth is on
    WiFi is on

Nothing, absolutely nothing. My googling has shown me that I'm not alone in this problem, but all the fixes are on previous versions of OSX (which I tried anyway)

Am I just SOL? I really need someone to JD IOS9 so I can use my phone as a hotspot again.

/Rant

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Have you tried selecting search for older Macs/Don't see who you're looking for? Sometimes that jogs it into working.

[​IMG]

3. ssong macrumors 6502a

ssong

4. ajcgn macrumors regular

ajcgn

I use an app called FileBrowser. I originally got so I could remotely access my MBP, but it works well for copying stuff generally. Not sure if there is an easy way to go iOS device to iOS device (I have an iPad 2), but in a pinch I can copy a file to my MBP and then to another iOS device.

5. btbam91 macrumors regular

I use cloud storage for ALL of my devices. 99% of my files on my MBP are in the OneDrive folder. That way I can seamlessly access any file on my iPad and iPhone.

6. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

Yeah it's something that could be improved for sure!
    I like Dropbox.
    Or email.

7. SS4Luck thread starter macrumors regular

SS4Luck

Yeah i tried that and no dice unfortunately :/

Yeah i can get the AirDrop to "see" every other device ios to ios, i can even get my iPP to see my rMBP, but the rMBP wont see any of the other devices

If i had WiFi at home i would use iCloud endlessely, but I live out in the middle of no where and the only service available to me isnt fast enough to be worth a damn for the price. I need the iOS 9 JB to come out so i can go back to using my phone as my modem. Somehow i get 2-3 bars of LTE.

8. friedkimchi macrumors regular

friedkimchi

9. Spudlicious macrumors 6502

Spudlicious

The OP doesn't say what the files are, but I assume they're not photos because nothingcould be easier than sharing them. But for anything else iOS sandboxing makes things difficult so I would concur with storing the files from Mac to iCloud and opening them from there with an iOS app.

10. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

Just open the iOS Finder, to do things like pushing files around, making attachments to emails, organizing documents, etc...

OH WAIT!!!!!

A Laptop replacement indeed. BWAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!

11. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I use Deskconnect personally, I have a 2009 iMac (or maybe 2010?) that doesn't support AirDrop, plus I like being able to send things to an inactive device.

12. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

There are literally hundreds of apps that do what the OP wants. The issue is the lack of internet except through the phone complicating things not a lack of available software.