BHO In Denial

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by maxsix, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well quite literally ISIS (or whatever they call themselves this week) is "loosing ground" the territories that are under their control are shrinking and resistance movements are giving them trouble even in 'strongholds' like Raqqa. The Republican critique of moving slowly, of course comes after the complaint of excessive and high collateral damage drone strikes, which of course came after the Republican cry of no boots on ground...

In short the denial is the effectiveness of American foreign policy in general. Critiques are all well and good as long as you remember what got you in the mess in the first place.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Obama reminds me of Hitler in the last days of the Third Reich: he is isolated in the White House, surrounded by a dwindling coterie of true believers, and babbling incessantly about wonder weapons and phantom victories.

3. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yeah....it's exactly like that.

4. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

The ones in denial here at the rabid right-wingers who have to keep wiping the foam flying from their lips off the computer screen.

5. APlotdevice, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, that was Bush. Obama is still maintaining a relatively decent approval rating. Especially when compared to the dismal numbers that Trump is managing right now without even having served in office.

6. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Goodwinned by the third comment. I'd be far more impressed if that weren't so typical of conservatives talking about Obama.

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Geez. Even Fox News has him pegged at 50%. For a 2nd term president, that's shockingly impressive.

8. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Only took 3 posts in to get to Godwin's law, good job.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 29, 2016 ---

So what you're saying is you're in denial over what he said because it was true? That's logical.

9. maxsix thread starter Suspended

maxsix

I do give the great orator credit for convincing millions of liberals that everything he says is true. I live in a very liberal state, have a huge circle of liberal friends, Hussein has convinced about half of them that his policies are effective.

That said I do understand the lure of believing the stories that all is well under Hussein. That he's taking care of everything and regular citizens have nothing to worry about. It's a carefree world.

10. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Funny how you attempt to maintain the status quo with deflective nonsense, yet you haven't even attempted to dispute the second post or show why what Obama said was even wrong.

11. impulse462, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016

impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I think you're mistaken; it's well known around these parts is that maxsix is a bot who can only contribute to a conversation is bringing up someone named Hussein.

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Will there be YouTube parodies like the ones from Down Fall?

13. thermodynamic, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Yes, but did we know at the time that ISIS would fall from grace, the famous handshake between Saddam and liberal cohort Donald Rumsfeld (maybe FOX will hire me since they mistake Republicans as Democrats all the time), and so on. No, we didn't know at the time.

ISIS, which has existed since the the late 1980s, has been losing ground for some time thanks to slowly being defeated.

And why "Whatever they call themselves this week"? Christianity has a bucket full of splinters, like Methodist, Catholic, Baptist, and so on and so forth, why can't terrorist groups that cower behind all the wrong parts of a religion have different groups that may or may not communicate with one another?

But people still believe Osama Bin Laden was representing Saudi Arabia for 9/11, despite his being exiled from there along time prior...
    --- Post Merged, Jun 30, 2016 ---
    Your points are correct, but the use of nicknames as pejorative is no different from the people who use Obama's middle name as a pejorative relational to Saddam... "George W Bush", called "dubya" or "Shrub", is honestly no different and - yes - in the past I was just as immature. I don't know how people can be so coy with the humor and NOT make it look bad. I'm sure Christianity and evangelicalism have something in the Bible somewhere as well, they cover everything else (which most pastors and ministers won't bother because they'd lose their tithe-paying customers for making them feel bad about the whoopsies they are guilty of doing in the process...)

14. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Uh wut? I'm sure liberal cohorts aren't Republican Presidents choice for Secretary of Defence, not once but twice!

The history on them outlines the beginnings of ISIS were back in 1999; now if you meant it wasn't the group it's self that existed since the 1980's but idealogical terrorist organizations that existed then I'd say that's closer to the truth.

Well because they aren't quite separate groups, more like mergers and by my quick count here, they've had 6 different names, and at least two 'unofficial' names. So much so the US government declared they were just going to call them ISIL, then Daesh because of dialogue with Arabic allies.