Bianna Golodryga - Worst news reporter ever!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by madoka, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

So I've been watching videos of the VA Tech shooting and unfortunately a bunch of them were done by Bianna Golodryga. I know she is pretty and I typically have low expectations of talking heads, but man, she is one whopping moron.

She asks a security expert, "Do you think terrorist acts have decreased due to uh. . . increased unity of the American people?" :eek:

She does another whole segment talking to student leaders across the nation:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=49750&cl=2431546&ch=61492&src=news

Of course, she stammers like a horse throughout the video and mistakenly refers to the (unattractive) girl from Chicago as a "he."

And she asks such thought-provoking questions and says thoughtful comments as:

- "How did you find out about this massacre?" (What the hell was she expecting him to say, uh, smoke signals, carrier pidgeon, telegraph?)

- "Are you from the Chicago area?" and "What made you decide to go to Chicago?" (32 innocent people are killed, and you want to know why some random Chicago student chose her school?!?!?!?)

- "Do all of you use facebook or any sort of internet online programs?"

- "Is this a way of the future as far as students communicating with one another?"

- "I hope you guys stay in touch on facebook."

- "Everyone was affected obviously by Monday's tragedy but no more so than the students at this uh, fine universities across the country and pillars and future leaders such as yourselves." (Yes, I'm sure these random students were more effected by the tragedy than friends and families of the deceased.)

To allow this woman on the air because she is pretty is an insult to journalists everywhere.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

She's pretty?

She looks like the type of girl you could get through mail order.

3. AlexH macrumors 68000

AlexH

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

No, it's not just her. Check out this guy on MSNBC interviewing the killer's roommate. I think TV journalists in the US are automatons - big news just fries their circuits.

(I think she's pretty attractive for an automaton though :D )

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

I'd watch the video, but I'm afraid I don't have the patience to sit through some stupid 30 second advertisement. That's what I love about CNN- no ads on their online videos.

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

TV news is generally ****e - misinformation spoonfeeding for idiots. Long live the internet! ;)

As with Prez. Bush, inane or silly comments from talking heads have lost their ability to offend or shock me.

7. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Whoa, I thought that Anna Nicole Smith underwent the ressurrection. Please hand me my tangy iBook for self-defense!!! :D

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Just watched the beginning. She looks really, really bored.

9. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Completely agree, that interviewer wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

"The guy looks away when you say hello and you couldn't spot that he was a killer!?" or something to that effect. I felt bad for the roommate having to answer his stupid questions.

10. miller1 macrumors newbie

Bianna Golodryga: My Favorite Reporter on TV

Bianna Golodryga is my favorite news reporter! She proves that a journalist can be both beautiful and incredibly articulate and smart at the same time.

It isnt always easy when you are starting out to make a huge impact on the way our news is presented to us, most of the time these reporters are just reading and have very little freedom to express their own perspective.

I think that as we watch her career grow (and I believe she has a big one ahead of her) we will watch her expand her range as a great journalist.

Just watch and see...

11. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

So you joined up just to post this? What are you, her mom?

12. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Heh, weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.