Biden caves and reverses support for Hyde amendment

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

And just the other day CNN reported this:

Trump is going to have a field day with this. I’ll make a prediction right now: Biden will not be the Democrat nominee.

2. Zenithal macrumors G3

The issue is that Democrats can't figure out whether they ought to be more centrist or far left. Centrist will appeal to middle America who carry a heavier weight at the voting booth in terms of allocated electoral votes. Then again the GOP is too afraid to support anyone but the incumbent.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

When you speak to more working class left wing people they often don’t vote because “both parties are the same”. The GOP stance on abortion will change that - especially with women.

4. Zenithal macrumors G3

That is one of the problems. And the last candidate, Clinton, was a poor choice logistically for your explanation alone. Clinton wasn't bad inherently, but when you have over three decades of lies going against you, it's going to be very hard to succeed.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The Clintons are to be fair very flawed. The foundation money from the Middle East was a bribe - at least in the eyes of the giver.

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I agree with your last statement. The only reason he’s up in the polls is that he’s not really campaigning. He’s mostly silent (now, considering how politically f- up trump’s style is, Biden's short term tactics makes sense), but I bet that as soon as he starts campaigning and talking for real (any candidate’s positions will need to be continuous front page material) he will deeply suffer the split in his party.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Right now Biden is campaigning against Trump. Other than his change of view on the Hyde amendment, we have no idea what he's for or against, or what he plans on doing if he's elected. Elizabeth "I have a plan for that" Warren is looking better every day. And I originally said I would not consider her.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I kinda agree. Biden is somewhat silent at the moment, and the few times that he became news material he actually did a few missteps. I don't think he's going to win the primaries.

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I hope not. I'd like to see both him and Bernie bow out.

10. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Three decades of lies? This is rational for hiring The King of Lies?

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

OMG ... Another politician that flip flopped. :eek:
    This hasn't happened since .............................................................. o_O

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Mine as well run a flip flopper who touches people inappropriately on almost a daily basis against Trump. Only the best in our country!

13. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Give me someone young at least younger, and fresh for my political leadership. :)

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I thought that one of the arguments against Trump is that sometimes he flips flops on relevant stuff. Glad to see that this is not a problem anymore.

15. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

Flip-flopping is not a problem per se. Humans change their minds. It's unrealistic to expect a politician to have had the same stances on issues his entire life. And doing so is not necessarily a virtue. But some flip-flops are not genuine changes of heart but are clearly "caves" to political pressure and those I look less highly upon.

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Trump doesn't flip flop, he just outright lies, and says whatever to keep himself on a pedestal. It's more than flip flopping when you change your stance within the same week.

17. raqball macrumors 68000

I prefer to call it the good ole' liberal merry-go-round.. Wait for it.... It's coming in regards to Biden...

Trump = He is a liar, a flip-flopper and a hypocrite
    Biden = His thinking just evolved

Rinse, lather, repeat.

18. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

I can't read Biden's mind, but if I had to bet, I'd bet his change was not genuine (as many flip flops by Trump, Obama, Bush, ......).
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2019 ---
    Didn't Biden flip in less than 24 hours?

19. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

The DNC needs to quit trying to anoint a candidate and instead declare themselves a person like a corporation and run as the candidate. The President will become like the mob’s commission.

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Triump is a prolific liar, your equivalence argument won’t salvage Supreme Leader.

21. raqball macrumors 68000

And Biden is not? Decades and decades of them but you don't see them? Why because he has a (D) after his name?

There is a word for that type of thinking..... Extreme partisanship? ;)

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

On a regular basis?

23. yaxomoxay macrumors 68040

yaxomoxay

Well, if you move the goalpost from quality to quantity then I'd have to do more research. I didn't really follow Biden in his 36 years in Congress (because, as we know, DC Congressmen are truthful and never flipping).

24. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

No, sorry equivalence won’t save Donny. He stands virtually alone in his RIVER of 24/7 lies. He probably holds the title King Liar over not just every President, but EVERY person ever elected to a prominent political office in the US. I listened this morning to a repeat of his lie that millions of illegal immigrants are smuggling in drugs as his excuse to threaten tariffs against Mexico. Granted, you can’t or don’t want to see it, but I can point it out to you. :)
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2019 ---
    Lol, one flip does not a Trump, make. This is one area, where equivalence just won’t cut it defending your despicable politician.

25. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Yes, I did move the goalpost. Abortion is something most politicians on the Left have a hard time finding the sweet spot, vs the Right having a much easier argument of just saying no to everything abortion.