Biden? Colbert? Is Bidens' interview a good reason to back a Presidential run?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Sep 12, 2015.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

So, this is a little awkward. I haven't posted a new thread here in PRSI for quite some time. That said, I saw the interview between Colbert on the new Late show with Biden, and I was impressed and moved by it (btw, I will awkwardly link it below). To be clear, there was no policy discussed, nor was there any inclination of a Biden Candidacy. Still, despite Biden's tendancy for media gaffes, he reminds me of him being a consummate public servant and a very real guy. If you are on the left (or even in the middle), does he seem viable to you, or do you think he'd **** up the metrics for a Democrat in the WH in 2016/17? Paying attention to the field of candidates on the (D) and (R) side, there seems to be a real dearth of people who can actually pull off genuine character...do you think Biden should run, and did that little late night clip affect you somewhat as it did me? (For context: I also saw Jeb Bush on the same show, and Santorum on Bill Maher)?

I leave this thread open for a while as I have kidney stone surgery tomorrow...I'll be back to check in a day or two...

2. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

He was pretty great on Parks and Recreation.

PD: Good luck with your kidney stones.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Biden is viable in the sense that if he were the Democratic nominee, I'd vote for him in the presidential race. But I won't donate to his campaign (as I did for Sanders), and I'm not enthusiastic at the thought of him running.

And best of luck with those kidney stones.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I was extremely impressed. Biden is the anti-Trump.

Where Trump is cartoonish, crude, egomaniacal and impulsive, Biden is genuine, classy, humble and thoughtful. He is so the polar opposite of Trump. For all the jokes about Biden's gaffes, he was amazingly eloquent.

Colbert acquitted himself well too. He's a very good interviewer.

As far as whether Biden should run...much as I think we need a man of Biden's character, I also think that if you're that undecided, in your gut, you know the answer. Don't do it.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Joe Biden extrudes honesty, sincerity and truthfulness. He is the polar opposite of Hillary.