Biden Rumor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Sep 12, 2016.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

i heard this one on the radio on my way home from work. Hillary drops out for health reasons, but she isn't replaced by Kaine or Sanders.

She's replaced by Joe frickin' Biden.

That's a rumor I could get behind.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Because Hillary seriously sucks. :D

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

A Biden/Kaine ticket would annihilate Trump. Biggest blowout in a loooong time.

5. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Why would that happen? Hillary's health is fine, it was just a little heat exhaustion, right?

6. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Trump is an idiot, for sure.

But on what basis do you think Biden/Kaine "annihilate" him, beyond wishy wishy hope?

There's no polling suggesting it.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Very corrected. Looks like the polling is way in Biden's favor.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-5568.html

Will nonetheless be fun watching liberals abandon Hillary like she never existed.

7. citizenzen, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

No. It actually appears that she might be compromised, health-wise.

Please feel free to congratulate yourself, if you made an earlier diagnosis.

You should consider changing your profession.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    Oh she totally exists. I am just floating a wild and unlikely rumor.

If she's on the ballot and tottering, she'll still get my vote.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

9. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

If Hillary drops out, Trump is toast. Against Hilary, Trump has a good chance.

Hillary will never drop out though.

10. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

11. aaronvan, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm sure the ballot access deadline has passed in most if not all states. Hillary could drop-out & her name would remain on the ballot whether Joe or Kaine or Bernie ran instead.

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Hmm, that raises a good point. Sounds like we have to stay the course then.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Sure sucks to be stuck with her.
    Will suck more if trump wins

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Lookie here, Juan entering the acceptance stage. Well done, bro.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

what, no kiss? I'll take an Illegal alien over either one of those clowns :D

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

So they would go from evil, demented, grandmother to creepy, molesting uncle?

17. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I'm not opposed to Crazy Joe over Orange Hitler and Grandma Nixon.

18. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Cokie Roberts is the one who started the rumor and I believe it probably has some legs to it considering she probably has very good sources within the Democrat party. I wouldn't be upset to see Uncle Joe run. At least we know we'd get more of the same for another 4 years giving time for the Conservatives/Republicans to attempt to get their act together.

19. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Biden? shotgun sales would skyrocket, but birds could become endangered species..:eek:

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I believe it too. The Democrats have long been known to have no spine and to pee their pants at the slightest adversity.

21. Herdfan macrumors 6502

I was going to start a similar thread but since this one is going I will just add my $.02.

I was wondering if the Democrats did have a Plan "B" as in Biden. Let's face it, Hillary's 2 biggest negatives, her honesty/trustworthiness and her health hit the front page of almost every paper in the country and the news was not good for her. Even if it really is just pneumonia and it gets cured, her unwillingness to be open and honest with the voters has hurt her. Now add to that if she really is sick, then it is even worse for her and the Dems.

So now that it has been floated that some party leaders are wanting a plan in place if she drops out, or is forced to drop out Biden seems to be the best choice. He has something neither Hillary or Trump have: likability. Other than being a gaffe monster, he seems to a personable guy in a a creepy uncle sort of way. And as has been previously noted, he would wax Trump easily.

So for the Dems, which is more important, winning the WH or winning the WH with Hillary. I realize that there is a small contingent of Dems that are "Only Hillary" just like there are some GOP's who are "Never Trump", but the reality is that if she has another "episode" like Sunday's, she is done. Especially of it happens during a debate or other very public engagement.

So do the powers force her to step aside for the good of the party?

As for the ability to change her name on the ballots, I'm not sure it really matter as the voters are not selecting the President, they are selecting Electors to the EC. It is these Electors that select the President. So Hillary not only has to stay healthy until Election Day, she needs to stay healthy until December 19th when the EC votes for President.

Thoughts?

22. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Winning the White House. I want those Supreme Court nominees, a moderate approach to foreign relations, and I want veto power against a House that I believe will stay under Republican control.

23. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I think that they will go with Biden for a reason. They're not pushing Kaine. This would be the PERFECT moment to advertise the VP and convince all the undecided voters that Clinton's VP is still better than Trump, but they don't.

24. Herdfan macrumors 6502

That should be the correct answer. But I think there is a subset that is Only Hillary.