Biden says he and Obama are open to criminal charges against Bush administration

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

How'd we miss this?

Joe Biden said (back on Sept. 3) that while he and Barack Obama are not planning on actively pursuing criminal charges against the Bush administration, they would also not stand in the way of any that would come about as a result of various investigations.

I think this "We'll see" attitude is the best way to approach the whole subject -- but it does bring up two thoughts: (1) nice to see that this hasn't been totally forgotten about/swept under the rug; and (2) how sad is it that we even have to be talking about this, anyway?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I wish I believed it, but Pelosi et al won't allow it. :(

They're too afraid that it will look like payback for the Clinton impeachment.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Forget it.

Georgie Porgie will have the pens and pardons lined-up on his desk his last day in office.

It's like the scene from Casablanca (paraphrased): "Do you know what these are?? Letters of Transit, signed by General DeGaul himself!!!. Cannot be rescinded ... not even questioned!"

And so, life in Washington goes on.

4. voxnj macrumors regular

Cheney's man-sized safe is full of pardons.

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

They can't preemptively pardon people. If Bush is out of office, there's nothing he could do.

6. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I guarantee you they will claim executive privilege once they are out of office. They do it with White House staffers who left and are in no way connected to the executive office. Or they will all move to the UAE or another country without extradition treaties to the US once the heat gets turned up on them.

7. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Obama had already said this. The only thing stopping it from coming up again is the interviewer.

March 2008:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/15/obama-would-immediately-r_n_96690.html
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/08/04/obama/index.html
    August 2008 (repeated quote):
    Indeed. How to split the atom.

~ CB

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Cheney has gone on record as saying the VPs office is not part of the executive branch. How could he then claim executive privilege? :D

9. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Haha, you think that matters to him? They'll say whatever is convenient for them at the time.

10. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Hated and remembered or loved and forgotten? I'm looking forward to seeing people's view on the Bush administration ten, twenty & forty years from now. Not sure if any punishment or legal action will be necessary.

Say the word, "Bush." What comes to mind?

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

whoa whoa, lets keep it pg here people.

I really dont know how ill look back on bush, hopefully he starts doing good humanitarian work or sumthing to make up for what hes done to the country.

buuuuut, hell most likely clear brush for the next 30 years:p

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

With most people, nothing good.

Unless you're talking about the other thing. :eek:

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Electing Obama and putting Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice in prison would be an excellent twofer....