Biden to enter the race

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by haxrnick, Oct 19, 2015.

1. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Looks like Uncle Joe will be joining within the next 48 hours. IMO if a democrat is going to win in 2016 at least he's pretty likable.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/10/19/biden-reportedly-entering-presidential-race.html

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Good ole crazy uncle Joe. Should be good for a few one liners that make you scratch your head and weep for the future.

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Off to go shoot my shotgun up in the air in celebration. ;)

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The good news is with some luck, he will dilute Hillary's efforts.

It doesn't seem like he's quite so nefarious and quick to discard human life.

Time will tell...

5. ucfgrad93, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015

ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Gotta love Joe.

Edit: quote was wrongly attributed to Biden. It was actually Colorado state representative Joe Salazar (D) who said that.

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

heck after Obama I'm all tapped out. nothing left in my pocketbook for Joe.

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I thought Biden made the stupid "warning shot" comment. It looked like a reference to that.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

No actually the quote was from Joe Biden. Fast forward to 1 minute 20 seconds. Yes he really said that.

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He did. See above. LOL wrong on so many levels. But hey, it's Joe.

10. haxrnick, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015

haxrnick thread starter macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yes, Joe said something about a shot gun. I replied with "Don't forget to bring your rape whistle" which I thought Joe also said. But it turns out the rape whistle comment was made by a Colorado state legislator.

12. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Gotcha!

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Yeah that stupid comment. That isn't a safe thing to do. He would be much better off not commenting on some topics, given that it's potentially dangerous advice.

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Hope this is true and it isn't already too late for him to jump in. It would be nice to see this turn it into a three way race and to have a viable alternative to Hillary if her campaign falls apart again.

15. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Somehow I thought you were going to make a Bill Clinton joke there.

16. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Joe the racist? He was the number one reason I didn't vote for Obama - especially in 2008, I fully expected a crackpot to take a shot and usher in a Biden presidency. I'd rather live through another Cheney administration than Biden.

The only upside to him taking the nomination is that a potential Trump/Biden battle would be a clear sign that the end of the world is upon us (or at least the end of America as a superpower).

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

18. samiwas macrumors 65816

I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to vote for one of the Republican candidates, but Joe? Not sure I could vote for him, either.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Biden isn't doing anything until after Hillary testifies in Kangaroo court on Thursday.

20. FieldingMellish Suspended

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'm still voting Hilary but I don't mind if Biden takes it.

22. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Why? What constituency does Joe see that isn't already covered? Bernie has the party's progressive Left and Hillary has the pro-Wall Street, pro-Iraq War, pro-neocon/corporatist/imperialist wing of the party covered. I don't see any daylight for Joe.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

IMO, it's only going to mess things up for Sanders.

24. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

He probably sees that the Republicans will keep digging until they find something that sticks on Hillary, so he is hoping to take the establishment vote if that happens.

Hillary probably isn't any worse than your average politician as far as illegal things go, but she has been appearing to not be as good at keeping them hidden, so at some point the Republicans will find something that will destroy her campaign and the Democrats need someone to pick up the pieces. Sanders could potentially win the nomination, but I don't see him being able to pull off a win in the general election, Biden could.

25. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Biden will steal way more votes from Hillary, whose political positions are nearly identical, than Bernie.