Big deal, so Trump gets elected... Whats the worst the could happen?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Bobby Corwen, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Cmon guys, even if Trump becomes President, its not like it will be an issue.

I mean whats the worst that could happen?

Some of you are acting like he's gonna blow up the moon.

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The GOP is working to maintain its choice of congress, Democrats aren't going to side with the guy.

It's gridlock you can believe in.

3. appleisking macrumors 6502a

I don't care either way to be honest, but I doubt that he would be elected at this point.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

• He could spend billions on a wall.
    • He could ban Muslims from entering the U.S., simply for being Muslim.
    • He could re-institute torture.
    • He could break with NATO.
    And those are just things he's talked about doing.

There's no end to the possibilities that exist beyond those stated goals.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Yeah. Congrezz will let him do just that :rolleyes:

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Donnie does not need Congress he is a one man wrecking ball just listen to him be will do everything by himself. Not sure he knows what Congress does.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Does that mean he will change the official song from Hail To The Chief to Wreckingball?

8. zin macrumors 6502

Someone should create a thread for Hillary. The difference is that the best you can hope for with Hillary is that she only starts one war.

9. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

He can claim to ignore Congress, but some actions wouldn't hold up under Supreme Court scrutiny. I don't think many members of Congress or the Supreme Court would side with his actions.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Economic meltdown is one thing that could happen. He wants to spend a ton of money hiring a new deportation force and building a wall with no guarantee that Mexico or anyone but the American taxpayers will pay for it. Additionally he wants to build up the military in both troops as well as military hardware. All while cutting taxes. A recipe for disaster.

And really "what's the worst that could happen" isn't exactly a confident position. But it would be a funny campaign ad:

VOTE for me, what's the worse that could happen?
    I'm Donald Trump and I approve this message.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Maybe you better tell him that.

12. Gypsy36 macrumors regular

Policy wise, you are right. There is likely much congress can prevent him from doing. The greater fear though, in my book, is the combination of his love of going off script and his love to be outrageous. If he wins, I will be holding my breath every time he speaks, worried that he will say some nonsense that enters his head which, in turn, pisses off the head of a state with less controls and armed conflict results.

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

It doesn't matter who tells him. If he doesn't have the authority to do something, he will run into barriers when he tries to implement such nonsense.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Don't underestimate stupid.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Thank you.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    like Obama & Hillary? only democrats can bomb and spend as they wish.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

He doesn't need Congress to do #2 and #3.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

this 2 & 3?
    source please.

18. macgeek88 Suspended

Exactly...people laugh off the fact he could do a ton of damage. Yes, there are checks and balances but still, the fact is that bad things can and likely will happen god forbid he gets elected.

There is no way I'd EVER have DJT my president, at least not by choice and I think he's sunk himself so low that it's not gonna happen. He is grasping for straws now. Can you say "Madam President"?! I can. :D

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

• He could open his big mouth, make the kind of baseless accusations as he has been doing for the last two years thinking he's going to bluff, fool the rest of the world or just be kidding and spark WWIII. We can debate the possibilities of this happening, but why put an unsuitable person in the position, the motivation is we we won't feel the need to debate it. ;)

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

or he can be like Hillary & Obama and instead of threats just bomb Syria after a cease fire is agreed and work against the Russians again in Syria where Obama is bombing that nation w/o a declaration of war.

21. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Don't ever accuse me again of making choices that support my preconceived notions. So Ole Trust has you loving the Russians too? Show me a link from something other than a Right Wing Rag that condemns U.S. Policy in Syria.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

do you seriously need a link to condemn our actions in the M-E? are you unable to say it's wrong all on your own? knowing who the enemy is and bombing the wrong nation is not only stupid, it's treasonous my friend.

23. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The consequences of failing to become the chosen one, could be devastating for HRC. She's got no life away from the center of attention, she's already suffering from desperation so great it's taking its toll on her health.

Her extreme desperation shows in every fabricated story and personal assault on Donald Trump. The severity of a loss is generating so much concern amongst her corrupt associates there's an army of Hillary lovers and supporters all attacking Trump as though their lives depended on her victory.

History in the making, this sideshow is only getting better.

24. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

#3 would certainly be challenged before the Supreme Court. I realize that didn't work out well in 2001 to 2008. #2 would also be challenged (snicker) in a similar manner. I can't find any laws that would allow the executive branch to deny entry to an arbitrary group.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

just how hard would it be to say " I am not a Muslim"? and get it? hell as you said challenged by SCOTUS ASAP.

NOW if a DEMOCRAT did something unconstitutional THEN SCOTUS would simply look the other way as they did with Obama passing indefinite detention w/o trial.