Big trouble itunes, restore and everything else

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stjaernan, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Stjaernan macrumors newbie

Hey guys.

My problem started when I was going to sync my iphone 4 to itunes and i got 0xe8000012 error, where itunes couldn't find the phone..
    So i tried to reset it through the phones settings but had troubles there too, the apple logo with the loading bar under blinks and the phone goes to the working wheel-mode and stays like that until i puts the phone in DFU mode (which is the only way to abort)

The real brainstormer here is when i read about 0xe8000012 on about 10 forums the tip is to restore the phone through the phone, but that doesn't work for me.

oh, and i can start restoring through itunes when the phone is in DFU but it gets interrupted and goes to the first state when itunes dont find the phone.

When i start greenpois0n's jailbreak it says lockdown error -5, and it's most likely not a third party device as my computer is newly reinstalled, and i have tried another computer...

could someone please help me figure out what to do?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Use another usb port and usb wire.
    Make sure your itunes is updated.
    Do a dfu restore to official firmware.
    Try it on another computer.
    If it still wont restore then its a hardware fault.

3. Stjaernan thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, sorry.
    Already changed port and wire
    Itunes is up to date
    Do have changed computer
    And official firmwire? You mean through itunes?

4. Stjaernan thread starter macrumors newbie

That's right, forgot to mention that i can acces and copy the pictures in the phone through windows.

5. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem with my iPhone as well. I am able to copy photos from the phone to iPhoto, but unable to do anything with it in iTunes. Mine was working perfectly fine until I got a new MacBook Pro with Retina. I'm guessing something locked our phones down, and will not allow them to talk to any computer except the one with the authorization key, but I can't be 100% certain.

I called and spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple. They have escalated it to a sr. engineer and will get back to me within 48 hours.

I'm just curious, have you had any problems with the microphone in your iPhone? When I talk to people on the phone, sometimes they can't hear me very well even when not on speaker and unmuted. When I put them on speaker, they can hear me just fine, so it's only the microphone used to holding the phone up to my ear that is not working. I'm wondering if maybe this is related, and perhaps there is a short somewhere near the mic and dock connector, but it makes ZERO sense that my photos transfer perfectly, if there was a problem with the dock connector then the photos wouldn't work either.

I've tried on 3 computers now, one is my Macbook Pro with retina, another is a coworkers 13 inch macbook pro, and another is a coworkers HP laptop running windows xp.

They all show the same message in iTunes.

6. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

UGH still stuck

It seems that my phone refuses to work with any app that tries to access the file system, yet the photo file system is in tact, I can download photos on a windows-based system or in iPhoto on my Mac, but if I try a 3rd party app like PhoneView, it won't connect to the phone..

I don't even think I could wipe and restore the phone at this point because if the dock connector is in deed broken, when I wipe the phone, I won't be able to download and re-activate it in iTunes.

So I may just have to live with not being able to copy anything to my phone until the iPhone 5 comes out unless someone has another idea? LOL

7. Stjaernan thread starter macrumors newbie

Support

I just got of the phone with the support for my delivery company and they said it could be a hardwareproblem, but how could an update cause a hardware to break?
    However, they told me to send them the phone and i would either get it fixed or get a new one.. No problem for me, cuz' here in Sweden we get a phone-upgrade if the phone we already have cause too much trouble :D

----------

Nope, no trouble with the mic.. The gyrator is "lagging" sometimes though